Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: now what?
raise all in 25 75.76%
call 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: I\'m disguised but that makes two of us.

My preflop decisions are full of holes.

I remember thinking that I know when to get away from a dominated pair and wanting to play against the two bad players with a hand with great implied odds. JTs getting 10:2? Can a few other people confirm calling preflop is bad?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:31 PM

I honestly think it is fine though you will need to play very well postflop which includes betting rather than cring the river. I just think you cant afford to have it check through and I believe it will be checked often if villain is paying any attention to your range in this hand.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else fold pre-flop? Am I a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, and it's super-duper easy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
bc
Old 07-08-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop:
UTG raises, MP2 3-bets, SB calls, Hero calls JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked through.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP2 bets, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero...

Tell me what Villain has or cannot have. Then tell me what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that UTG is a loose goose, I still can't assume he'd raise UTG with much more than the standard range. MP2 seems like he must be very tight, and not tilty, so what would his range be for re-raising, given UTG's opening? I'd put that range at QQ+, AQ+. But of that what would he check this flop with?
I can't picture it with QQ or AQ, or AA, especially since he's been card dead so long, and I really can't pictur him checking KK either, which pretty much leaves AKs and AKo. When a K falls on the turn, he bets out which kind of supports that too.

So when the Ace falls, if I'm right he has top two and no way he's going to check down. So I think C/R is a good plan. He'll think you are checking because you missed your flush. While I guess he COULD have some lesser flush, I don't think the range I put him on will allow that, and nothing he did subsequently changes my range for him. Out hand should be good almost always. Will he call the C/R? Hmmmmm?

bc
Old 07-08-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding PF isn't nitty --it's standard.

I'm actually a little surprised you called Ben?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I wouldn't post here if I wasn't interested in learning, growing, etc.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Bet river for guaranteed one bet, he is betting about 60-70% of time here imo based on possible starting range.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce 20/40 (9 Players)
UTG is a terrible loose passive who cannot get away from hands postflop. Everyone with a brain at the table has been trying to isolate him. His opening range is probably a little loose here for UTG b/c he has demonstrated lack of knowledge about position though I don’t know how close MP2 actually pays attention to that.

MP2 has been quiet for the 3-4 hours we’ve been playing. He’s only ever opened with a raise and played pretty standard and straightforward. However, I haven’t seen anything special or even remember any showdowns because it appears he’s been cold decked for this whole time.

SB is an aggressive LAG from the other hand I posted. Unimportant here.

Preflop:
UTG raises, MP2 3-bets, SB calls, Hero calls JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked through.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP2 bets, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero...

Tell me what Villain has or cannot have. Then tell me what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pair except queens (he would have bet flop); he may have just made 2 pair. Villain would not bluff or bet a draw into 3 opponents on the turn without having a hand. After it was checked through on the flop, he would have concluded noobdy else had anything and his hand was still good (or he just paired a king).

Your hand is almost certainly good unless villain has a pair AND a flush.

Bet now. Don't try for a check-raise because villain is very likely to check behind with any hand you beat on this scary board. The river card made both a straight and a flush, and your actions have "on the draw" written all over them.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:32 AM

All right. I just can't see anyone checking behind with AK here. Maybe it's just me because I still have some SH aggrotard left in me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 AM

This hand smells of KJ or a set with a possible small pp like 5s or 6s. Are we really assuming he checks Ace high or a medium-high pair on that board? I think it's close between c/r and just betting out.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Whether or not a 2 + 2 poster would bet in that spot is irrelevant to the conversation. I suspect most of us would. The average passive live player always sees monsters under the bed all the time.

As for 55 or 66, that's a pretty unlikely 3-betting hand preflop at best. Would be very surprised if that's what villain has.