Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Phil Ivey shooting craps at private Beliago table

"People like you need to learn that other people have different value systems than you, and dont really care
about your opinion. You also should stay away from bbv."

lol, Do you think he cares what anyone thinks and do you think I care what you think? I'm just stating the facts, he did not have the money to play Beal headsup on his own and yes I think he cares about the money he wins/loses playing craps. Do you think guys like Beal with 20 million to lose playing headsup poker comes around often? Don't be ignorant, because they don't. Why would any smart person gamble on
something, where they don't have an edge? I can see recreationally for fun, but winning/losing a million a day,
it will lead to one thing, going broke. Would you care to debate that?

With moderators like you it's a wonder anyone new would ever post. You should be terminated as a moderator of BBV for saying things like "stay away from BBV", especially to a newbie. TY to the other moderator for somewhat putting his ego in check.

PEACE
Old 03-03-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol, Do you think he cares what anyone thinks and do you think I care what you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, probably not. to both questions.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm just stating the facts, he did not have the money to play Beal headsup on his own and yes I think he cares about the money he wins/loses playing craps. Do you think guys like Beal with 20 million to lose playing headsup poker comes around often? Don't be ignorant, because they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for facts, we dont know that ivys craps playing is what prevented him from having the roll to play beal. Moreover, while he certainly missed out on an ev situation playing andy beal in HU poker at the stakes he wanted, its unlikely that the loss of that expected value was enough to really hurt ivey in any way. Obviously, there are few chances to play HU at 100k/200k stakes.

[ QUOTE ]

Why would any smart person gamble on
something, where they don't have an edge? I can see recreationally for fun, but winning/losing a million a day,
it will lead to one thing, going broke. Would you care to debate that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure i will debate that. First, a million dollars means less to phil ivey than it does to someone like me or you. The loss of a million dollars to me would put me so deep in a hole, i couldnt climb out. A loss of a million to ivey (i would assume) would have far less impact. So, as long as ivey isnt playing craps above his acceptable loss limits, he is like every other craps-playing poker player. There are quite a few of them (several on these forums) who have managed to lose what to them would be the equivalent to iveys million in one day, and yet still seem to not be broke. Therefore, im more than willing to say that iveys craps playing, while certainly a LEAK, is probably not going to result in him going busto. Your turn.
[ QUOTE ]

With moderators like you it's a wonder anyone new would ever post. You should be terminated as a moderator of BBV for saying things like "stay away from BBV", especially to a newbie. TY to the other moderator for somewhat putting his ego in check.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, this has nothing to do with your post count. Ive said the same things to people whove been on these boards for ever. Second, the reason i responded to you is that you are making false assumptions, and doing so in what seems to be a fairly "holier-than-thou" attitude. I chose to respond as i felt appropriate. If you took great offense, im sorry. Here, have a hug.

If you feel my comments are out of line, feel free to pm Mat Sklansky. We mods are held accountable, and mat will be more than happy to listen to anything you say. As i said to the other poster, i told you to stay away from bbv cause there are tons of stories like this. People losing thousands, and tens of thousands, of dollars on PBJ, or whatever they choose. Gamblers gamble, and poker players are gamblers, some much more so than others.

[ QUOTE ]
PEACE

[/ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle
Old 03-03-2006, 06:18 PM

The biggest mistake you will ever make is taking PJN and/or anything said about BBV too seriously.

This thread needs a big dose of lighten up Francis.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest mistake you will ever make is taking PJN ... too seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? I thought his posts in this thread were beyond debate.

[ QUOTE ]

This thread needs a big dose of lighten up Francis.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The biggest mistake you will ever make is taking PJN ... too seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? I thought his posts in this thread were beyond debate.

[ QUOTE ]

This is true. But still, the guy whining about him being mean shouldn't be so worked up and lame.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:25 PM

Have you ever heard of Leonard Tose? If you haven't you should google him. It doesn't matter how many millions you have, when you play at those stakes, you will go broke, it's inevitable. I have been around gamblers my whole life. Have you ever seen anyone make a 60k exacta box in a horse race? I have. I have wagered more in a day, then most people make in a year, so the scary storys on BBV wouldn't bother me at all, but I'll stay away as your wishes. I'm not a rat to Sklansky, you should treat any new posters with respect, get to know them first before you break their balls, you'd get a lot more respect too. nuff said

PEACE
Old 03-03-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter how many millions you have, when you play at those stakes, you will go broke, it's inevitable. I'm not a rat to Sklansky, you should treat any new posters with respect, get to know them first before you break their balls, you'd get a lot more respect too. nuff said

PEACE

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making an incorrect assumption that since he won a million playing craps that he was also willing to lose a million. What a dumb thing to do for a teenager claiming to be a long term highroller. As for the respect part, you earn it, it is not bestowed upon you in advance. In your case you are in the hole right now.

W
Old 03-03-2006, 06:53 PM

"What a dumb thing to do for a teenager claiming to be a long term highroller'

I'll tell you something dumber. Someone assuming that someone is a teenager because of their SN. You probably also assume everyone's birthday is April 20th because many SNs end in 420 and all chicks with hot SNs, are well really hot women and not a chance at a hairy legged man. It's my B.D.

PEACE
Old 03-03-2006, 07:20 PM

playing craps is like drinking alcohol: much, MUCH more fun with others
Old 03-03-2006, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I'll stay away as your wishes

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it was his wish so much as his recommendation. I think he was saying your head would explode at the stuff that people post about there, because you seem to have a huge disdain for -$EV gambling.