Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: TT in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
c/c, c/c is the only way to play it against standard villain, possibly folding to a river A.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really...the ONLY way to play it? If I'm the villian, I will be able to get to a showdown pretty easily against you with a flop call.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/c, c/c is the only way to play it against standard villain, possibly folding to a river A.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really...the ONLY way to play it? If I'm the villian, I will be able to get to a showdown pretty easily against you with a flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's an odd situation. Your hand is too good to fold, but probably not enough that you want to B/C turn.

If you have ~77 here, then B/F is probably best. If you have AJ, B/C.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling an ace on the river seems like it would be burning money.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet this turn. I want to know where I stand and by checking...I won't really know what a bet means. Is he bluffing? Did he slowplay a monster? Also, I don't want to give a free card to a hand like AQo, AT, clubs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ] Why do you wan't to know where you stand? This is not NL. You have a made hand thats not strong enough to bet for value but strong enough to take to SD. Your goal is to get this to SD cheap and check/calling is the best way to achieve this. It also have the benefit of sometimes tricking villain to think his low PP is good and betting it for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't want to pay 2BBs to get to a showdown if I can figure out where I'm at with 1BB (I think saving 1BB here is significant since this is a fairly common situation). It depends on my read on villian:

If he's the type that will bluff the turn or super aggressive (i.e. capable of raising with air)....OK, I'll check and call the turn.

If he's the type that is a loose flop peeler/waits for turn to raise hands, I'll bet turn and comfortably fold to a raise. Again, I don't want to give a free card to a player capable of taking it.

Since we have no read, I guess I'm defaulting to the latter.

[/ QUOTE ] What if you bet and he calls, does that give you any information of where you stand in the hand? Do you bet again on river, what if he raises then? Or do you check/fold river? You should never ever bet to know where you stand, you should bet for value and sometimes as a bluff, thats about it.