ND -6.5 (Mansion) 7 23.33%
GT +7.5 (Bodog) 14 46.67%
No idea show results 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: What do you prefer to play, Cash or Sit and Gos

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sngs are good to build your bankroll to around $1k. that's about it. anyone who's playing sngs for a living are seriously wasting their time.

10% ROI at the $55 = $7.33/hr (about 45 minutes a tourney)
5ptbb/100 at $100NL = $9/hr (about 90 hands an hour)

now...look at how many games there are above $100NL. then look at how many sngs there are above $55. do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is flawed because sitngoes are so much easier to multitable since the "correct" decision is very obvious much of the time. in my sitngo prime, 16 tables was standard, and over 20 was not unusual, while cash games require much more thinking IMO. this drastically changes youre $/hour math

[/ QUOTE ]
realistically you're only going to be multitabling up to the $60 turbos. there's not enough games at the higher limits.

4 $55 sngs is equivalent to 1 table at $400NL in terms of money per hour, assuming my original calculations are linear, but for simplicity let's assume that it's still 10% ROI and ~5ptbb/100.

16 tabling $55 sngs = 4 tabling $400NL.

i'm not disputing whether sngs are easier to multitable or not, because clearly they are. it's simply that there aren't enough games.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sngs are good to build your bankroll to around $1k. that's about it. anyone who's playing sngs for a living are seriously wasting their time.

now...look at how many games there are above $100NL. then look at how many sngs there are above $55. do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is flawed because sitngoes are so much easier to multitable since the "correct" decision is very obvious much of the time. in my sitngo prime, 16 tables was standard, and over 20 was not unusual, while cash games require much more thinking IMO. this drastically changes youre $/hour math

[/ QUOTE ]
realistically you're only going to be multitabling up to the $60 turbos. there's not enough games at the higher limits.

4 $55 sngs is equivalent to 1 table at $400NL in terms of money per hour, assuming my original calculations are linear, but for simplicity let's assume that it's still 10% ROI and ~5ptbb/100.

i'm not disputing whether sngs are easier to multitable or not, because clearly they are. it's simply that there aren't enough games.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sharkscope.com/ Click Search Database and type in bigjoe2003....

Edit - and dont forget about the absolutely sick amount of FPPs he has. As of May 28th he had 1.25 MILLION VPPS which is enough for what almost 2 Aston Martins lolz.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.sharkscope.com/ Click Search Database and type in bigjoe2003....

Edit - and dont forget about the absolutely sick amount of FPPs he has. As of May 28th he had 1.25 MILLION VPPS which is enough for what almost 2 Aston Martins lolz.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, but it looks like he's almost broken even for the last 10,000 SNGs?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sngs are good to build your bankroll to around $1k. that's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why in the world would you play one game to build your bankroll, then switch to another?

If a one game builds your bankroll faster than another game, then why wouldn't it continue to build forever?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why in the world would you play one game to build your bankroll, then switch to another?

If a one game builds your bankroll faster than another game, then why wouldn't it continue to build forever?

[/ QUOTE ]
because once you have a bankroll, you can move up more aggressively, in which case cash games yields higher $/hr.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
because once you have a bankroll, you can move up more aggressively, in which case cash games yields higher $/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]
If cash games yield higher $/hr, then you could build your bankroll faster playing cash games.

A bankroll is required to play SnGs. You can't play them for free, and you can't put your entire $11 roll down on one SnG and expect to keep doubling up any more than you could put your entire $11 roll into one cash game with the same expectation.

If bus fare is the same to a $10 an hour job as it is to a $20 an hour job, then only a fool works the $10 job until he saves up bus fare to get to the $20 job.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If cash games yield higher $/hr, then you could build your bankroll faster playing cash games.

A bankroll is required to play SnGs. You can't play them for free, and you can't put your entire $11 roll down on one SnG and expect to keep doubling up any more than you could put your entire $11 roll into one cash game with the same expectation.

If bus fare is the same to a $10 an hour job as it is to a $20 an hour job, then only a fool works the $10 job until he saves up bus fare to get to the $20 job.

[/ QUOTE ]
at the lower limits, it doesn't matter. you can easily build your roll playing sngs or cash. my point is medium to high stakes.

but don't take my word for it. go to the STT forum and you'll see many people have moved to cash or MTTs simply because it's more profitable.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:55 PM

i think people are getting the wrong idea of what i'm trying to say here. i'm not saying sngs are better, or cash is better. each game requires a different skill set.

but just do this simple exercise and you'll see my point.
look at how many $1k sng games are running. look at how many $1000NL games are running. cash is more profitable because there is more game selection at the higher levels. and if there's more game selection, there's more players. more players = bigger fish pool = more profits.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 PM

I built my bankroll with SnGs at the very beginning. When I had a sizeable bankroll I moved on to cash games. Looking back I don't really know why I did. Can't say I regret it though but I still play SnGs when I'm bored from cash games.