Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:02 PM

Default TT in the BB

Not many hands on Villain but he looks pretty decent

Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, CO folds, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 3 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
Hero ?

Whats my plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: TT in the BB

that's like the worst possible turn card
this is such a sick spot

villain can easily have a small PP that he will fold to a turn bet, but may bet it himself because he knows that there are a ton of rivers that counterfeit his pair

assuming villain raises TP on the flop, he can also have KQ TQ KT which are crushing you now, and AQ which will probably peel again or take a free card

I think the best play is to c/c turn to induce bets from his weak pairs and lose less to his Kx and QT hands, then c/f the river UI. it feels kind of bad to do this but there's almost no way he's going to turn his 66-TT into a bluff on the river

looking at betting the turn, he's going to fold all the PPs you crush and raise you with the hands that crush you. I did some stoving and vs a range of [66-TT,KQ,KT,AQ,QT] on the turn you are a slight favourite, but versus his raising range of KT KQ QT you have 9% equity which means you have to fold to the raise. the only hand we get value from by betting would be AQ.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:53 PM

With no reads this is a standard check/call down spot for me.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's like the worst possible turn card
this is such a sick spot

villain can easily have a small PP that he will fold to a turn bet, but may bet it himself because he knows that there are a ton of rivers that counterfeit his pair

assuming villain raises TP on the flop, he can also have KQ TQ KT which are crushing you now, and AQ which will probably peel again or take a free card

I think the best play is to c/c turn to induce bets from his weak pairs and lose less to his Kx and QT hands, then c/f the river UI. it feels kind of bad to do this but there's almost no way he's going to turn his 66-TT into a bluff on the river

looking at betting the turn, he's going to fold all the PPs you crush and raise you with the hands that crush you. I did some stoving and vs a range of [66-TT,KQ,KT,AQ,QT] on the turn you are a slight favourite, but versus his raising range of KT KQ QT you have 9% equity which means you have to fold to the raise. the only hand we get value from by betting would be AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. When doing the stoving i think you also have to consider some hands that contains a 9, like A9, K9s, J9s that would just call the flop and raise turn. Then it turns out we have worse equity than him.

Your right the turn card is very bad. Suppose it was 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] instead. In that case we have a lot better equity so would that justify a bet? If betting it will allow villain to make a lot of semi bluff /free Sd raises which I'm not to happy about. Tough spot.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really?, What type of worse hands do you expect to see at SD? Ax, and small PP often enough?
Old 07-07-2007, 05:13 PM

I bet this turn. I want to know where I stand and by checking...I won't really know what a bet means. Is he bluffing? Did he slowplay a monster? Also, I don't want to give a free card to a hand like AQo, AT, clubs, etc.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really?, What type of worse hands do you expect to see at SD? Ax, and small PP often enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

We know we have to check/call the turn, so this hand really comes down to the river play. Without a strong read I think the river is a check/call especially at the lower limits(2-4 and below) becuz these players usually dont know what your turn check/call means and they make tons of mistakes with the initiative.

At the midlimits, this is a much more stickier situation cuz players dont screw up so much when they have the initiative and alot more players know exactly what your turn check/call means.

With a read I can find a fold on the river, without a read I cant. I dont know what to expect to see on the river here, I just believe that you have a profitable crying call in your situation.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet this turn. I want to know where I stand and by checking...I won't really know what a bet means. Is he bluffing? Did he slowplay a monster? Also, I don't want to give a free card to a hand like AQo, AT, clubs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ] Why do you wan't to know where you stand? This is not NL. You have a made hand thats not strong enough to bet for value but strong enough to take to SD. Your goal is to get this to SD cheap and check/calling is the best way to achieve this. It also have the benefit of sometimes tricking villain to think his low PP is good and betting it for value.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Why do you wan't to know where you stand? This is not NL. You have a made hand thats not strong enough to bet for value but strong enough to take to SD. Your goal is to get this to SD cheap and check/calling is the best way to achieve this. It also have the benefit of sometimes tricking villain to think his low PP is good and betting it for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't want to pay 2BBs to get to a showdown if I can figure out where I'm at with 1BB (I think saving 1BB here is significant since this is a fairly common situation). It depends on my read on villian:

If he's the type that will bluff the turn or super aggressive (i.e. capable of raising with air)....OK, I'll check and call the turn.

If he's the type that is a loose flop peeler/waits for turn to raise hands, I'll bet turn and comfortably fold to a raise. Again, I don't want to give a free card to a player capable of taking it.

Since we have no read, I guess I'm defaulting to the latter.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:42 PM

c/c, c/c is the only way to play it against standard villain, possibly folding to a river A.