Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep them coming!

I've always intended on having customizable stats for PA Hud. The new generation of PT will more than likely have them.

The database will be setup so that positional based stats will be easier and more efficient to access, so they should be available as well.

As for combining PTH, PTO and PTS, I'm not sure exactly what's going to happen there. I would like to see them combined into one application, but this might not be possible (not due to technical reasons though). We'll have to see.

There is currently no ETA. I can say though, that it will be at least a few months, but barring any unforeseen difficulties, I'm hoping for a 2007 release.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A generic import which,if necessary, adds date and an incrementing time based on date of creation of file.

I am thinking specifically of cakepoker and DGN skins but there must be other small and unsupported sites that offer good value from time to time

Good luck with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not familiar with these sites. Do the hand histories not include any date information?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 PM

ability to change the times of the HH's would be cool, i play at several sites whose servertimes are different and it really messes up the session summary tab (winrate/hands per hour...)
Old 07-08-2007, 01:36 PM

I would like to see better documentation and “help” functions. I had to use 3rd party sites to learn how to use PT to it‘s fullest, a user manual and a more robust help feature would be much appreciated. Video tutorials would be nice.

A more powerful hand re-player with the ability to see opponents stats. Would also like the hand re-player larger and have different skins

More user friendly interface

A built in buddy list that displays auto rate icons and customizable stats

ICM calculator

Improved and more powerful bank roll management tracking features

Easier way to configure hud with UB and Microgaming mini tables
Old 07-08-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've always intended on having customizable stats for PA Hud. The new generation of PT will more than likely have them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean we'd have the ability to create and run custom queries within the program? Or would it be limited to combinations of existing stats?
Old 07-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Feature Request: Something for me to give the tax man if I ever need to.

It would be very simple for PT to figure out how to definie a "session" (or let the user choose from "table" (yuck), "continuous time playing" (meh), or "daily summary" (wooohoo)) and then simply add up all the winning sessions and all the losing sessions for a given time period, like a calendar year. Then, finally, we'd have concrete numbers to report to the tax man with all the data in the world to back them up.

I realize we can write queries and export the results into Excel and sum those up and so on and so forth, but wouldn't pressing a single button be so much easier?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:20 PM

Only read half the thread so I apologize if this was already addressed...

Currently with PA HuD you can't have player stats displayed until you and they have both played a hand at the table (maybe this was one of the issues handled by letting the program have full control over the instant hand history window, but I like my hand histories). I believe you could work around this issue - similarly to the way detailed statistics are available by clicking a player's screen name while they've already played a hand, I hope that you can have this same function for players who have yet to play a hand by double clicking their screen name. This double clicking would bring the player's screen name up in the notes area, from which I presume you can read their name and display their statistics. Sound feasible?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:28 PM

I would like the ability to see a players stats (VPIP/PFR/Agg/3bet/4bet/etc) vs me. Like, he may be a 19/16 player overall, but in hands vs me, he's 24/19 or something.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More user friendly interface

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please. I mean, PT was pretty easy to use, but there were a few things about the UI that really bothered me.

1) Why does it take so many clicks to change filters? A lot of players have 1600x1200 resolution, so I think PT should take advantage of that. I spend a lot of my time in the "General" tab, but let's say I play FL 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, as well as NL 1/2, 2/4, 3/6. Mixing FL and NL isn't really that useful (in terms of stats) other than overall winnings. But if I want to check out my FL stats and then my NL stats and then back to FL, it's a lot of clicks. Add the capability for custom filters, and preferably the ability to filter without having to switch tabs. I hope I was clear on what I wanted.

2) Opening/closing/adding/deleting/renaming databases was a huge PITA. Why should I need to choose to open/close databases? Why doesn't PT just open the database when I want to use it and close it when I'm done. Adding databases could've been a little simpler and deleting a database shouldn't involve going to 2 separate windows. The ability to change the PGSQL name of a database should be put into PT as well.

And then of course performance, but I'm sure you guys know that already.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The timing of this post has a bit to do with the competition, that's true, but the collaboration and the design of the next generation has been in the works for much longer than HoldemManager has been known of.

There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker". PokerTracker is number one for a reason, and it has nothing to do with getting to the market first. There is well known competition, but yet PT continues to exist. Not only exist, but thrive.

To think that the PT developers have not strived to satisfy their customers is ridiculous. Ask just about anyone who has had a problem with PT and dealt with support. They will tell you how great PT support is. Support is so dedicated that they would sacrifice new shiny features that might attract new customers in order to help existing users with their problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say knocking somebody else's product is in kind of poor taste. But from reading the following posts, perhaps you didn't mean it to sound as harsh...

As for why Poker Tracker is number one, I think lack of competition is the major reason. Almost all the improvements in the user experience have been a result of 3rd party add-ons. (Noteably PAHUD, Poker grapher, and lately PokerEV). The only thing that has changed in PT itself has been support for additional sites and adjustments for when sites change their HH format - which should be pretty easy.

I can't say what 'support' is like as I have only had to request a new code when my drive crashed. My experience was good, but taking credit for that is like Chris Rock saying "I take care of my kids."