Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 04:13 AM

Default A shaddy $100 max cardroom (How can i beat it)

I play at this place called the Knights of Colmbus, which hosts a bunch of 1/2NL games that are usualy full. The max buy in is $100 minimum is $60. They charge $2 every half hour. most play very loose and make huge pre flop bets ($15) with medicore holdings and bet regardless of pot size, others are very tight and passive. The worse of the aggressive players will play any two cards and even raise on them OOP and regardless of # of pepole in. Should i be call/re raising PF and on the flop or shopuld i just be check calling all the way down or bet'/ push???? For some reason i am having more problems with this then 1/2 where eveyrone buys in for $300 and its not as crazy.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: A shaddy $100 max cardroom (How can i beat it)

Sounds like a typical LA 2/3 game. Play good TAG poker, don't bluff OOP (in fact don't bluff much at all until you stack a few times), punish when you have the goods or are drawing very good. You'll get plenty of calls. Post this in one of the strat forums (ssnl) for better advice.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:35 AM

Do you count cards? yes or no?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you count cards? yes or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:28 PM

i do just that and play TAG poker but people are calling my $12 raises with crap and hitting the flop and i cant back down with TPTK. I know these players will eventualy go bust but i need to figure out a way to reduce the vairence so i dont have to keep pulling $100's out of my wallet. Im going back on monday hopefuly i can get some mroe advice and ill post a nice trpi report of the antics of these degenerics.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:40 PM

i mean when the pot has $10 in it and some comes otu and bets $30 on the flop how cna i possibly calculate pot odds
Old 07-07-2007, 01:41 PM

I personally would try to turn it into more of a preflop game... see less flops and use what little fold equity you might have preflop to take it down. Limp R-R people with AQ+, 99+, that way you can get a lot of the money in preflop against their huge range. More often than not the rest of the money is going in on the flop regardless of what it is, but this might help you.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally would try to turn it into more of a preflop game... see less flops and use what little fold equity you might have preflop to take it down. Limp R-R people with AQ+, 99+, that way you can get a lot of the money in preflop against their huge range. More often than not the rest of the money is going in on the flop regardless of what it is, but this might help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

also if there are bad players w/ big stacks, gamble it up early in hopes of getting a big stack to match theirs, then play poker w/ them.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

also if there are bad players w/ big stacks, gamble it up early in hopes of getting a big stack to match theirs, then play poker w/ them.

[/ QUOTE ]

ask for a stars flip

and count cards ofcourse.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i mean when the pot has $10 in it and some comes otu and bets $30 on the flop how cna i possibly calculate pot odds

[/ QUOTE ]

math?