Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: is \"game selection\" being a punk?

[ QUOTE ]

There's no "good of the game" in online poker. If think taking an EV hit is worth it in the long run for you, great. Others disagree. Forcing your view on them is immoral.

[/ QUOTE ]

immoral huh. immoral. interesting
[ QUOTE ]

I agree same situation. I would sit out and I think it's the right thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you really do that (not even waiting like a round, ten minutes, whatever to sit out) i would call you names everyday until the day i die. it's pretty much as rude to a punter as you can be without opening your mouth

[ QUOTE ]

How is it wrong? Poker is game. The score of which is money in your pocket. Unless you're doing something devious to acquire it, you're perfectly in the right to do anything you want. The players in this case aren't doing anything devious. They just won't play you.

[/ QUOTE ]

poker is chock full of gray areas in all sorts of ways that have turned into rules as time went on to keep the game from becoming too lame.

[ QUOTE ]

That would be devious. Hence, wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not against the rules, so it's okay, right?

[ QUOTE ]
If I wanted my account closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no cause for closing someone's account without a warning in that circumstance. furthermore, by extension i could only play when i won the first button toss, but play normal-ish sessions to cover it up. any limit heads up players knows no matter how good you lose in the BB and win oodles in the SB, and this would quite enthusiastically bolster my BB/100

[ QUOTE ]

k You're entitled to that opinion and to play accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i shall [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

lol So we'll be looking to that info in say...2 years? 'cause that's probably how long is going to take for you to prove any such thing statistically.

[/ QUOTE ]

dur dur dur hey tell me plz i am 10bb/100 after 462 hands is that sustainable?

[ QUOTE ]

If players wanted to play limit HU SNG, they would. They do in NL. I don't want to see what you're suggesting, and I suspect the vast majority of good players don't want to see it either. Since the fish don't care, the likelihood of this happening is nil.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure it's the mediocre pros who really don't want to see it, since they'd be the ones fearful of playing better players.

i would guess the likelihood of this happening in some form is not nil. a hu SNG is different as the blinds rise and you can't quit at anypoint (the not quitting at any point is probably the #1 reason many "fish" don't play -- i suspect that more than 60% of the people i play against are planning to hit and run).

all the bs associated with heads up tables is probably the reason stars refuses to spread them (maybe party as well? i don't know i haven't loaded party in like two years). complaints of squatters (game choosers or just [censored]), hit and runners, and various shenanigans bog up support and sour customers. fixing those problems could possibly expose the heads up players to the two largest markets in online poker... would that be a bad thing, friend?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There's no "good of the game" in online poker. If think taking an EV hit is worth it in the long run for you, great. Others disagree. Forcing your view on them is immoral.

[/ QUOTE ]

immoral huh. immoral. interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I used to talk a lot of philosophy. I prefer to use the correct term. You could substitute the more informal "wrong," but it doesn't quite have the right flavor IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I agree same situation. I would sit out and I think it's the right thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you really do that (not even waiting like a round, ten minutes, whatever to sit out) i would call you names everyday until the day i die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we all choose to spend our lives in different ways. I don't spend my life caring what other people think of me for example. This allows me to do lots of things that other people are afraid to do.

[ QUOTE ]
it's pretty much as rude to a punter as you can be without opening your mouth

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't agree obv.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is it wrong? Poker is game. The score of which is money in your pocket. Unless you're doing something devious to acquire it, you're perfectly in the right to do anything you want. The players in this case aren't doing anything devious. They just won't play you.

[/ QUOTE ]

poker is chock full of gray areas in all sorts of ways that have turned into rules as time went on to keep the game from becoming too lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol This isn't a gray area.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That would be devious. Hence, wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not against the rules, so it's okay, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I say that? No I said it had to be devious. Objectively devious not how X poker site defines "devious." And yes, it is against the rules. Email support and ask if you don't believe.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I wanted my account closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no cause for closing someone's account without a warning in that circumstance. furthermore, by extension i could only play when i won the first button toss, but play normal-ish sessions to cover it up. any limit heads up players knows no matter how good you lose in the BB and win oodles in the SB, and this would quite enthusiastically bolster my BB/100

[/ QUOTE ]

So how is this not meet the devious standard again?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If players wanted to play limit HU SNG, they would. They do in NL. I don't want to see what you're suggesting, and I suspect the vast majority of good players don't want to see it either. Since the fish don't care, the likelihood of this happening is nil.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure it's the mediocre pros who really don't want to see it, since they'd be the ones fearful of playing better players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's it. Or that silly money thing again. i.e. rake + opportunity cost.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would guess the likelihood of this happening in some form is not nil. a hu SNG is different as the blinds rise and you can't quit at anypoint (the not quitting at any point is probably the #1 reason many "fish" don't play -- i suspect that more than 60% of the people i play against are planning to hit and run).

[/ QUOTE ]

all the bs associated with heads up tables is probably the reason stars refuses to spread them

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah "the bs" = people like you complaining to support.

[ QUOTE ]
(maybe party as well? i don't know i haven't loaded party in like two years). complaints of squatters (game choosers or just [censored]), hit and runners, and various shenanigans bog up support and sour customers. fixing those problems could possibly expose the heads up players to the two largest markets in online poker... would that be a bad thing, friend?

[/ QUOTE ]

The stars example is completely flawed because their experience with HU tables, which they endlessly cite as a reason for not allowing them, was four and only four HU .02/.04 tables. Party is run by morons so citing any logical reason why they do anything is pointless.

And it would be a bad thing because it restricts individuals' freedom of choice. In all likelihood, this is part of a larger disagreement we would have if we ever discussed philosophy or politics.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:35 PM

leveled?