Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 07:56 AM

Default PT Sample Size question

EDIT: I put this in 6-max since that's what I play and am trying to get advice from players who play these stakes specifically. I know this may have fit in Software, but I want less general advice. /EDIT.

The main question is what's the smallest sample size you can start to get (practically, not necessarily statistically) useful info from?

I'm fairly new with PT, and have a little under 10k hands in the DB. I played pretty poorly a couple of months ago, but knuckled down and started to play to make correct decisions and let results take care of themselves (which they've started doing, thankfully). I'd like to compare the losing streak stats of mine with how I'm currently running to see where the differences are biggest to know where I get leaky when I'm playing bad. I know that my numbers are small in general, but I'm just starting with the serious study of my game and am playing more and more hands to get there. I've read 10k to be when your overall stats start to stabilize, but obviously this is not an option for me and I'm looking for something good enough to learn something useful in the meantime.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: PT Sample Size question

I got about 15k hands in my DB here and you can see the beginnings of typical stats, VPIP, PFR, looking at the position tab i can see i play more hands closer to the button so i understand position, etc. etc.

You can see broad strokes quickly. Detail only comes after >>50k.