Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 AM

Default EV calculations in all in situations?

Hi

I'm looking for some software that would calculate my expected and actual EV from some all in situations without me having to do it manually. Just so I know whether I'm playing/running bad/well.

I got directed to www.pokerevsoftware.com but they seem to be in a stage of transition and the beta verison they had is currently not available. I looked in the FAQ but found no links.

Any help is appreciated,

Eggpie
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: EV calculations in all in situations?

I'm the maker of PokerEV.

If this is something that's wanted, I can release what I currently have (free) while I work on expanding the application. There'll be no support though.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Ill use this thread to ask whats up with PE? The version I had running says its expired and I should check the website. There is nothing obv.

Testing over? When can we get a new version? How much will it be? (not like I cared, I WANT IT)
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM

I pulled it earlier because of problems with the skew in showdown hands, and the support load stopped me from getting it finished.

In its current state (even though it's still very useful) I wouldn't be happy selling it. So I'll release a free version of what I have now. The main change from the last version is all-in only calcs, and a good hand history replayer that displays villain VPIP/PFR/AF stats (the same as what you see in the HUD).

I'm currently extending it to run off a database so that imports from PT or other tracking programs are saved, which will fix the memory/speed issues, but I'll release what I have now so you guys can use it.

Give me a day to test everything to make sure it's working.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you say things like this and get hundreds of people in anticipation, but you never deliver. what's up w/ that?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you say things like this and get hundreds of people in anticipation, but you never deliver. what's up w/ that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give the guy a break. Hes gonna give it away for FREE and you're griping.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give the guy a break. Hes gonna give it away for FREE and you're griping.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I told you I was gonna bring over a free pizza you would complain if I showed up empty handed. Is there ANY other software aside from PE that can do these all-in equity calcs? My pre-flop racing ability is way way behind on EV (I think) and I wanna know dammit!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:58 PM

If you are talking preflop only then http://www.rvgsoftware.com is a free web based 3/4 bet calculator. Also includes fold equity.

If you are talking post flop then wait for pokerEV.

rvg
Old 07-08-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are talking preflop only then http://www.rvgsoftware.com is a free web based 3/4 bet calculator. Also includes fold equity.

If you are talking post flop then wait for pokerEV.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but I was looking for a tool to analyze my PT database and figure out my pre-flop allin equity vs results. I have been getting hammered on my AK vs KQ suckouts and such.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm actually rewriting the whole app, and a lot of old functionality is broken while I make upgrades. It's taking a bit longer than I thought to put back in for a temporary release. I'll try not to give a date unless I'm sure in future.

There's not too many changes in the one I'm releasing soon...the main addition from the previous public version is the addition of a replayer.

It retrieves VPIP/PFR/AF stats from all databases so you can partially recreate the conditions at the time of play.

You can also use with the filters to replay all sets in a row, all c-bets, all -EV hands, all pairs on two flush boards that turned a flush, and so on. For example, top pairs that run into an overcard on the turn:

This is the old version that I'll be releasing for free while I keep working on the new one.