Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Sunday 100k almost full

In the past, for other events, I've tried hitting "register" when a seat opens up. This brings up the confirmation window. I then let the seat be taken by someone else (usually happens in about 2 seconds anyway). Then I select the payment, but I don't hit "OK" until the next seat pops open. That way I can potentially register in a fraction of a second.

Unfortunately, I've never succeeded in getting a seat this way (the seats were being taken up incredibly fast). I don't know If it was because others were doing something similar (or even faster) or if the method I was using just doesn't work. I only tried this once or twice before deciding I didn't have to play a 360-max $5 NLHE event, so perhaps I just wasn't persistent enough.

Real helpful, I know.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the past, for other events, I've tried hitting "register" when a seat opens up. This brings up the confirmation window. I then let the seat be taken by someone else (usually happens in about 2 seconds anyway). Then I select the payment, but I don't hit "OK" until the next seat pops open. That way I can potentially register in a fraction of a second.

Unfortunately, I've never succeeded in getting a seat this way (the seats were being taken up incredibly fast). I don't know If it was because others were doing something similar (or even faster) or if the method I was using just doesn't work. I only tried this once or twice before deciding I didn't have to play a 360-max $5 NLHE event, so perhaps I just wasn't persistent enough.

Real helpful, I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried that with the freerolls on FTP, but Im also unsuccessful in that attempt. But where this isnt a freeroll you might have better luck with it...and if you want to play bad enough, try late at night/early morning.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:09 AM

i did it without problems

1) be young and limber
2) right hand on mouse, left hand on spacebar
3) make a few well aimed clicks and rapidly smash the spacebar
4) ...........?
5) Profit
Old 07-08-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i did it without problems

1) be young and limber
2) right hand on mouse, left hand on spacebar
3) make a few well aimed clicks and rapidly smash the spacebar
4) ...........?
5) Profit

[/ QUOTE ]

haha A+ post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 AM

I just made it work...put my finger on the enter button and my mouse over the 'register' button. When 'register' pops up, click and jump over to radio button, click hit enter. It worked on the third try.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Real helpful, I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried this with my wife's account. I hit "OK" at least a second before it went back to "15000" but I still got "this event is full" even though I could still see "14999" in the lobby.

So my idea seems to not work at all.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:36 AM

Oh, and before I get in any trouble for some variation of multi-accounting, we've never played any MTT, STT, or cash game together and have no plans to ever try.

I would have unregistered her immediately anyway.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:36 AM

OK, got in.

Here's how

1. Left hand on the enter button of my keyboard
2. mouse pointer in the location when the register but shows up
3. rapidly click my mouse repeatdly while I watch tv and keep the screen in my peripheral vision

because I am clicking my mouse rapidly and contonuosly, the register box pops up for me almost immediately when a seat opens up. Then I select the box and hit enter on my keyboard as fast as I can.

I'm a 41 year old fart, so you young whipper snappers shouldn't have any trouble
Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, got in.

Here's how

1. Left hand on the enter button of my keyboard
2. mouse pointer in the location when the register but shows up
3. rapidly click my mouse repeatdly while I watch tv and keep the screen in my peripheral vision

because I am clicking my mouse rapidly and contonuosly, the register box pops up for me almost immediately when a seat opens up. Then I select the box and hit enter on my keyboard as fast as I can.

I'm a 41 year old fart, so you young whipper snappers shouldn't have any trouble

[/ QUOTE ]

or you can use this nice ahk script
Old 07-08-2007, 02:01 AM

Ship a seat!!! Wee! Took me a couple of hours...seems as if peeps is unregistering a lot now..peace!
Closed Thread