Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Unlikely extremely painful accidents that make you afraid

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My worst (sleeping) nightmare is teeth dislodging and being spat out like chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

this also happens to me however mine is accompanied by pain. in my dreams i can feel my team hurting and eventually it get worse and worse until in my dream its like my teeth break and i spit them out. this has been going on about 1 or 2 times a week for 8-10 months.

wow now that i wrote that out i realize i should probably see somebody about that

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a dream about my teeth falling out almost every night during my first year of law school... it apparently means a fear of failure, or of losing something important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Drew,
This is a common dream for people who are going through major life changes that are signs of growing up/becoming independant. I had this dream myself. The loss of teeth can also symbolize growing up, as in losing baby teeth and cutting your adult teeth. Just thought I would share.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:58 PM

I was on the parkway one day going about 65 mph, turned a corner and ran right into a parked car in the right hand lane (not the breakdown lane, the right hand lane). I literally only had a couple of seconds to act and slammed on my brakes, dislocating some bones in my foot upon impact. I spent the next 4 hours in the hospital in agony, they wouldn't even give me a local injection for pain.

They had me wait over 3 hours without seeing me, which I understand they have to triage and I wasn't in a life threatening situation, but wouldn't even give me an aspirin, for Gods sake. When the dr. came in, he still refused a local, gave me a vicodin and had 2 guys hold me down while he put my bones back into place. They had to x-ray me in between and there was one that wasn't going back into the right place, so he had to redo it 4 times.

This took over an hour and I got nauseous from the pain, but they still wouldn't give me anything more than the vicodin. One of the guys holding me down said to the dr. "she's completely turned white, maybe you can give her something for pain". He said, "you know how I feel about that". WTF?

I am semi afraid to drive on the highway how. If someone taps the brakes in front of me I have an irrational fear I will hit him.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:07 PM

My uncle read that once a guy was driving with his sunroof open and a seagull somehow managed to [cencored] right on his head. So now my uncle refuses to open the sunroof of his old, black, no air condition car, no matter how hot it gets.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM

Getting kicked in the gut by an Ostrich.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mainly anytime I'm in anything up high, either falling (like smashing through a window or over a balcony in a hotel) or the thing snapping/falling from the sky (ski lift, plane, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah for some reason I'm afraid of crashing through those huge hotel windows in Vegas. What if I just tripped and it fell through. Or what if someone tackled me into it?

Also this story kind of relates. The other day I was at my mom's house and she showed me a few pictures from when I was way younger. There was a picture of me at Niagara Falls when I was about 4 years old. The only thing I remember from that trip to Canada was thinking that my brother was going to throw me over the edge or that I was going to trip and fall over or something. I was seriously really scared and it was so funny seeing a picture of me sitting on the ledge where I probably freaked out and started crying 3 seconds later.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:25 PM

This thread makes me think that my life so far has been pretty good.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ever since then, whenever I get up late at night to go to the bathroom, I'm worried a copperhead will have crawled through our pipes, be sitting in the toilet, and strike my nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like in Snakes on a Plane!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that scene didn't really help...

- C -
Old 07-07-2007, 03:04 PM

A month ago, a guy sideswiped my car right after I got on the highway, knocked off my mirror, and drove away. Now I'm totally terrified whenever I'm first getting onto the highway and whenever I see one of those maniacs who drives like 20 MPH faster than everyone else and just swerves in and out of lanes.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM

I have a fear of flying baseball bats. When I was in camp at age 12 I threw in a baseball from 2nd base and it hit a kid in the back.

He retaliated by chasing me with a metal baseball bat. He could not catch me, so he gave up but when we switched sides he threw a bat at me full blast from like 10 feet away and nearly broke my arm.

As for unlikely painful episodes. Hmm, I'd imagine if one of those really big parrots big my tongue off it would hurt a lot. I don't plan on molesting parrots anytime soon so it should be in theory impossible.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Bridges that are high up or have fast moving water under them always scare me. Not so much when driving over them but when I have to walk across a bridge I always have a fear of the bridge collapsing or me falling over the edge.

Also, a friend of mine had a retina detach for no reason, he just woke up one morning and couldn't see out of his eye. Luckily he got it reattached and has partial vision in it but it still gives me the willies just thinking of waking up blind in one eye or both.

Also, not so much an accident but more of a general fear. Moles totally creep me out, more specifically skin cancer. My grandfather and almost all of his brother's and sisters died of cancer (of 7 kids only 2 are still alive, and only 1 of them didn't die from cancer). So whenever I see anyone with a large, discoloured, or irregular mole it totally creeps me out.