Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 1A , Friday, July 6 **

9h would have been funny.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt Jansen First Player Eliminated
The remaining players in the room let out a collective sigh of relief as they discovered that they were not the first player to bust out of the WSOP Main Event.

The first player to bustout was Matt Jansen. His Ad Ah lost to Geroge Dolofam's Kh Qh. All the money went in on the flop of Jh Th 5h.

"No more hearts!" screamed Dolofam.

The turn was the 6c and the river was the 3c. His flush held up as Jansen was the first player eliminated from the 2007 WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was apparently no good for him?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Table Talk: "I Suck"
Random Player: "So are you any good?" John Esposito: "No, I suck."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
8 minutes ago
Broken Tables
The tournament staff released a chart addressing the order in which the tables will be broken. In just twenty-six minutes of tournament play, two tables have already been broken and players moved to new seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
11 minutes ago
John vs. Jon
Two of poker's most successful young players, John D'Agostino and Jon Little, are seated together at table 179.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another link to updates. (It looks like it's the same content and pokernews is nicer format.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:58 PM

5 minutes ago | Posted by Pojo
Here's Johnny!
Arriving late, and to the same table as Raymond Davis, Johnny Chan, back-to-back World Champion of 1987 and 1988, is now seated and playing.

Oh goody...
Old 07-06-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First Bad Beat Story of the Main Event

Hope you can keep your lunch down after reading this. Player has Aces, raises to 300. Player on the button has A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], pops it to 1,200. First player re-raises to 4,000, guy with Big Slick goes all-in. And of course the player with aces calls.

The flop? All clubs. Player with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flops the nut flush and the player with Aces is the first player knocked out of the 2007 World Series of Poker. That'll be $10,000, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I guess that answers the "Fold A-A on 1st hand of WSOP" question?
Old 07-06-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First Bad Beat Story of the Main Event

Hope you can keep your lunch down after reading this. Player has Aces, raises to 300. Player on the button has A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], pops it to 1,200. First player re-raises to 4,000, guy with Big Slick goes all-in. And of course the player with aces calls.

The flop? All clubs. Player with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flops the nut flush and the player with Aces is the first player knocked out of the 2007 World Series of Poker. That'll be $10,000, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I guess that answers the "Fold A-A on 1st hand of WSOP" question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! I was just going to post that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Early Departure for Chris Reslock

On a board of {Q-Clubs}{K-Diamonds}{7-Diamonds} Chris Reslock checked under the gun, the player on the button pushed all-in for 8,300 and Reslock called. Resolck was on a diamond draw with {8-Diamonds}{9-Diamonds} against {K-Clubs}{Q-Clubs} for two pair. But there was no diamond for Reslock when the {A-Spades}{A-Clubs} came. Reslock will have to wait another year for his chance at the World Champion gold bracelet.

This hand absolutely cannot be reported correctly unless both players were employing the "double-up early or go play side games" strategy.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A sea of tables

The entire room is full, aside from 3 empty tables. There are about 10 cash games running, but the rest of the tables are all for the big dance. You can literally feel the tension starting to ease as players start to find their rhythm.

[/ QUOTE ]

like nails on a chalk board, I hate hate hate that.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:10 PM

Best Line this series (the last line the paragraph.)
From PokerPages.com

" I did see the first player of the event bust out. It was of course with pocket aces. The flop came with three hearts and the player with aces (he had the ace of hearts) decided he was going to risk his tournament life and $10,000 with it. His opponent had flopped a king high flush and pleaded with the dealer to not deliver another heart. The dealer complied and our first player eliminated becomes an instant celebrity as he was swarmed by media asking for details of the hand. Yes, it's good to be famous because you suck.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Mrs. Gretzky Shoots and Misses

Janet Jones lost a big pot with JdTd On a board of {K-Clubs}{8-Hearts}{6-Clubs}{9-Hearts}{K-Spades}, she bet 1K and her opponent raised to 4K. She called with nothing while her opponent flipped over K-Q for trip Kings. She lost 5,400 on that hand and is down to 14K.