Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Regular Party players: you had better read this

Someone who has the ability to succeed in academics can simply apply that dedication/ability to poker and pick it up in a few months if they also have the emotional temperment/ general degeneracy that it requires for success. And playing NL 100 and then 200 in a very nitty multi tabling style is not unbelievable that a relatively new player could be a marginal winner ---sorry to offend.
Especially if party is still the same site us Americans got kicked off of.

In any event, something other than being a winner stinks here. OP, why haven't you asked to move up the chain, and why would PT or a HUD give you difficulties but no one else? There are a lot of players that multitable alot of hours; I can't beleive that occasional 8+'s with human breaks at mid levels would send bells off, I really can't.

You should ask to go through the records with someone in charge to demonstrate your position. In NL games, human play will look far different that Bot play.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:28 PM

I will not answer to all. I'm jetsetboy not jetsetgirl.

Who cares who played. I think the right answer was in the first post. I think demonster closed pop up and somehow triggered a bot check inducing the whole thing.

About my gf. She created her first account on PS about 2 years ago (the same week i created mine) and played limit then nL SNG at very low stake for about a year as a recreational player. In january she decided to play seriously. I rolled her for NL100, coached her. She played FR only at first because it is much easier to handle. She ran goot, took a shot at nl200, ran goot again and stay there for a while grinding then moving to 6m at some point without great succes. She never really played long session on a regular basis except at the end of march because of a special promo or whatever. Don't underestimate the power of a coach that spend his whole time with you and don't compare this situation to how you learn poker by yourself.

Anyway the point of this thread is not to decide if I was playing, she was playing or the pope was playing. Thanks to all that actually helped on this thread or by pm and to the other don't spend your time in useless debate.

Jetsetboy
Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think demonster closed pop up and somehow triggered a bot check inducing the whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

try again
Old 07-05-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody who has never played (online) before could learn within a couple of months to 8 table for 8 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]Some people don't have your limitations. It is certainly conceivable that a fairly bright person could easily learn to 8table NL200 profitably within a few months of dedicating himself to poker. Especially if coached by someone good (who jsb certainly is).

[ QUOTE ]
JetSetGirl = JetSetBoy

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe. It's possible. But Party shouldn't just be taking his/her money.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody who has never played (online) before could learn within a couple of months to 8 table for 8 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]Some people don't have your limitations. It is certainly conceivable that a fairly bright person could easily learn to 8table NL200 profitably within a few months of dedicating himself to poker. Especially if coached by someone good (who jsb certainly is)

[/ QUOTE ]
I went from one tabling $25 NL when it was the smallest PS limit to five tabling $100 NL in about 6 weeks... And that was only because five tables was the max. I don't see what's so hard about eight tabling.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:48 AM

I remember that within the first 2 weeks I started playing online I had one 16h session ($1/$2 limit but 4 tables at most, can't remember exactly). At that point I was totally clueless and hadn't even read a single poker book but I was hooked and had the free time.
Today I sometimes multitable NL200/400 for up to 12 hours though rarely but 6-8 hours quite frequently. The thought that this might get my account closed and my funds confiscated is pretty scary.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 PM

Unwilling to deny they were playing using each other's accounts.....why?