Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods New room 3/23... WPT branded?!

where do you get the date 3/23?

edit: nm, its the headline of the press release
Old 03-03-2006, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A few tables will supposedly have the tables some folks in Florida already know about (which I've heard about, not seen) that are cardless and chipless. Yes, "video poker" insofar as there is a video screen but you're still playing other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not positive, but I thought the LED table components were part of the integration of the player rewards & waiting list systems.

At MGM in Vegas, there's a panel on the table which keeps track of players in each seat, along with signing them in with their card. I believe the goal was for it to keep track of the rewards points along with accurately telling the floor when there was an open seat at a table.

When a player leaves, he swipes his card at the table, and the dealer toggles an open seat which the floor can fill.

I've also seen the "virtual" tables advertised in Bluff Magazine or whatever, they could be talking about that, too. Or both.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:59 AM

I think it may be both.

I specifically asked one of the floor guys about it and he said that a few tables would be that Florida-style nonsense.

I imagine that there will be some more efficient way of logging-in and -out as well. (I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I log in almost every time ... but seldom ever log out and only remember halfway home and they stopped letting us call in to check out for obvious reasons.)

Also, the date I heard was Saturday the 18th of this month for the new room -- who knows if they have all their ducks lined up or what.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:31 PM

I'm actually upset about a more advanced log-in system. I will potentially not be able to cheat them out of $1.50 by signing out 3 hours after I stop playing. For some reason I never forget to sign out because of this elaborate scheme.

But maybe if the advanced system will make for a higher comp rate at the 5/10 because it's easier to keep track of the different levels, it'd be ok.

Rob
Old 03-03-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually upset about a more advanced log-in system. I will potentially not be able to cheat them out of $1.50 by signing out 3 hours after I stop playing. For some reason I never forget to sign out because of this elaborate scheme.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha yeah I usually get an extra 5-6 hrs

start in the morning and check in at 10/20, leave for lunch, play some more in the evening, so to dinner/show/craps @ mohegan, play some drunken 2/4, check out.

also if there's a list for my game i'll often sit in a bigger game if it pays better while I'm waiting, switch tables and never check in...
Old 03-03-2006, 12:48 PM

Maybe they'll replace the stupid $5/every half hour time during the 1-2NL game with a rake..prolly just wishful thinking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2006, 12:55 PM

That is absolutely wishful thinking. We make way more on time than rake, and there's a huge demand.

New poker room != gaming comission