Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Live 1/2 NL, Bottom two in limped pot, A high flop

Pot size and stacks not perfect but close enough.

Villain is loose and fairly (but not overly) aggresive.

10 Players. Hero is BB with $220. Villain is UTG+2 $300.

Villain limps, 3 more limpers, SB completes, Hero checks with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

(6 Players, $12)
Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB Checks, Hero Checks (see below), Villain bets $10, 2 callers, 2 folds, Hero raises to $35, Villain calls, 2 folds.

The rationale for check was that someone had Ace rag and would lead....bad? Raise was to define hand and get rid of callers.

(2 Players, $102)
Turn: blank (8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

Hero bets $65, Villain calls.

Thinking....villain knows I dont have AK, AQ, AJ, AT. Villain has either AJ, AT or two pair+. Lead A high flop so unlikely to have a set (there is some written donk rule that you are not allowed to lead a set in 1/2 live).

(2 Players, $232)
River: blank (Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

Hero All-in for $120. Villain tanks.....

Thinking...given the way the hand played out I'm not sure if this is a bluff or value bet but a check is almost certain to draw a bet (maybe that is correct?). Keep in mind in live 1/2 players in this spot generally dont say "I'm getting 3 - 1 on a call, they say, jeez $120."

Bottom two is a leak hand for me as I dont know if I get the right value when I'm best or overplay when I'm worst. Is it really TPTK in disguise? Should this have been played differently? If so, street by street would be very helpful.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Live 1/2 NL, Bottom two in limped pot, A high flop

I think you played OK. On the flop with that many people I don't usually go for a check raise, but your rationale that ace-rag would likely bet is probably true and if you can trap some more dead money in the pot that can't be a bad thing. Alot of times though you might get more than one caller to your check raise which you don't want though.

The check raise also bloated the pot, but if you're pretty sure he'll call you down with ace-rag, than I think it's fine and even though you might get beat now and then by an A8 or somemething, most of the time you'll come out on top...