Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Weak open ended straight draw without odds but a blind battle?

I guess this one is a question of how much emphasis do we place on odds in balacing with the fact this is a small blind steal attempt who could have any two?

With a 2 flush on the board we could hit a straight and still lose and even if a 10 arrives we could lose to the SB if he holds a J.

I struggle with these. Bottom pair is nearly always correct to call down with in these situations as is A high often, so is it correct to play a weakish draw like this aggresively without good odds?

SB is fairly unknown but i have seen him try to steal the BB the majority of the time

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
8 folds SB raises, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB bets, Hero ?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Weak open ended straight draw without odds but a blind battle?

I'm sleepy. Raise. Bet if he calls and checks the turn, call if he 3 bets and leads. Or call and raise a non-ace turn... or call and raise specifically an ace turn [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 AM

I raise here.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 AM

raise flop and keep betting unless he shows resistance. be prepared to fire all 3 streets unless villain is a showdown monkey. the only situation to check behind is when you hit a pair (4 or 6).

Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Against an aggressive stealer who opens from the SB, I'll often 3bet with suited connectors. Partially to disguise my hand, but primarily because I'll end up winning the pot with a flop bet so often.

As played yeah, I'll usually raise the flop & fire again after any turn card if he just calls. If I'm really locked on to my opponent's tendencies I'll sometimes flat call the flop & raise the turn.