Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: How did you propose?

On a cruise we took a couple of years ago. I had her mom sneak some roses on board and everyone was given a complimentary bottle of champagne, so as we were pulling out of Miami I asked her to wait on the balcony for me as I poured the wine. I came out with the champagne and the roses and got down on my knee. I never got to say anything as she instantly started crying and put her finger out. I later asked her what she would have done if I was just tying my shoe. She says she would have thrown me overboard.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:42 AM

I didn't have any money for a ring so I borrowed one of my Mom's for the actual proposal and gave my girl an IOU for a ring of her own at a later date.

To make up for this lack of proper jewelry I figured I had better go out of my way to make it as public and embarrassing as possible so I proposed to her over the mic in front of everyone at a friend's wedding...

I didn't get her Dad's blessing first, but I did get the blessing of my friend and his new bride so they didn't feel like I had usurped "their" day...
Old 07-04-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should definetly ask her father for his blessing. To some families this is pretty important.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something that i dont understand at all. why do you need the fathers bleesing, is he her pimp? also why dont you need the mothers bleesing as well?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:33 PM

I didn't ask my wife's father for his blessing. My wife would have beat me senseless had I done it. I was asking her to marry me, not her father. She feels pretty strongly about that, too. I happen to agree.

My proposal was pretty simple. We made a nice dinner to celebrate getting the apartment we wanted, and after I cleaned up, I poured her a glass of champagne, then got down on one knee and asked. She cried for 3 hours, and never did say "yes". Of course, she was planning the wedding with her best friend 20 minutes after I asked, so I took the yes as implied.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:28 PM

Valentines day- bought 50 boxes of those candy hearts and took out all the ones that said "Marry Me" and placed them all in one box with the ring. Rest of script wrote itself.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:37 PM

The following is a major brag, plese don't hate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I actually just proposed to my new fiance this past Friday. I went all out (well for me atleast) and flew us down first class to Vegas, had a limo waiting for us to take us to our hotel (The Signature top penthouse), then took her to Alex at The Wynn where I asked her as she was finishing dessert. Afterwards we went to the Celine Dion show (I did it entirely for her of course lol) and sat front orchestra section where she was crying to Celine's majestical enchantments throughout the evening.
She knew the proposal was coming, just didn't know which day or when exactly cause I left the whole weekends' events a surprise.
And btw, I did ask for her fathers' blessing out of respect, but I don't necessarily believe everyone has to, every family is different.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:04 PM

We both enjoyed eating bowls of bananas and whipped cream for dessert. So one night I whipped one up, wrapped the ring in tin foil, and put it in. She took a spoonful and was like "wtf is this in my dessert", until of course she opened it. Then, since she admitted that she was going to spend the night on the phone with all of her friends, I went and played cards.

And yes, I asked for her father's blessing first.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't ask my wife's father for his blessing. My wife would have beat me senseless had I done it. I was asking her to marry me, not her father. She feels pretty strongly about that, too. I happen to agree.

My proposal was pretty simple. We made a nice dinner to celebrate getting the apartment we wanted, and after I cleaned up, I poured her a glass of champagne, then got down on one knee and asked. She cried for 3 hours, and never did say "yes". Of course, she was planning the wedding with her best friend 20 minutes after I asked, so I took the yes as implied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id say this is the best one, I feel the proposal should just be about the love between the two of you rather than flashy gimmicks (no offense to anyone else, Im just that kinda guy- I guess if you usually do things that are crazy and extravagant then it might be a disappointment to your lady if you dont!)The book was awesome though, great story
Old 07-05-2007, 11:53 AM

Brought our boat in from eastern Long Island and docked it in Port Imperial by Hoboken. Took my wife to be out for a ride in the hudson, up under the Brooklyn Bridge and then killed the moter in front of the Statue of Liberty. Watched the SI ferry go by, took some pictures, then whipped out the ring and got down on one knee.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 PM

The stick turned blue...