Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 10:38 AM

Default How do you adjust your reading....

I play low limit SnGs, and MTT's. I've had some success in MTT's, and I'm slowly improving in SnGs. Of course, in both arena's there is VAST room for improvement.

Anyhow, reading the books that are currently out there, you obviously notice that they are not written for the lower limits. For example, my opponents are not thinking on the level than the opponents in the more popular books are thinking.

So, my question is:
Is there a book that is geared more toward low limit play, OR...
Since I'm playing mostly against poor players, should I not even read the books, play ABC/TAG, and wait until I move to a higher level before I read (well, reread) the more popular no limit books?

I find myself trying to put people on ranges, and they're just surprising me with super obscure hands (e.g. I range them at, say, the top 30% of hands, and they showdown J3o).
Old 07-05-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: How do you adjust your reading....

In general these are the people you like playing with as they will pay off your big hands. If they play loose I'll tighten up (just as HoH says) and if they are known to chase draws just give them incorrect odds and you'll be rewarded in the long run.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: How do you adjust your reading....

i own and have read over 30 books on poker mainly holdem and i have found the same. to play these poorer players you need to just play abc poker. play solid hands in position and value bet. dont try to get tricky just bet for value and you should turn a profit.