Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Lifted by Pixar

For the fourth of July, the family and I went to go see Ratatouille. I was pretty torn on this movie, because I'm not sure if the kids would get into the story of a rat that's a French chef, and I'd probably be bored stuff. I'm happy to say that I was wrong, but that's not why I'm posting.

Before the movie was a new Pixar short, Lifted , a hilarious tale of an alien abduction attempt gone wrong. It was fantastic. It was true rolling on the floor hilarity. It wasn't artsy like Geri's Game or lacking in the true funny like One Man Band. Also, it was pure physical comedy with no words, a la Tom and Jerry or Wile E. Coyote and the roadrunner. It was so good that when I got home, I googled it up, found out iTunes was selling it, and immediately bought. For a $1.99, it's well worth the chuckle factor.

Just curious if anyone else saw it and liked it as much as I did, and what other film shorts like it I might be missing out on...

Ray
Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Lifted by Pixar

Ray - I'm confused.

Do the rats transform into humans or something? If not, this sounds kinda boring.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM

yeah - that short got some award or something if i'm not mistaken... if not that, I did read somewhere in Time magazine about short films and lifted was one of the mentions in that article.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray - I'm confused.

Do the rats transform into humans or something? If not, this sounds kinda boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, its a rat that becomes a French chef. Honest. And yeah, I felt the same way. I was pleasantly surprised.

Ray
Old 07-05-2007, 01:39 PM

I loved that Pixar short as well, I thought it was the intro to the main feature and i figured my 2 year old wasn't going to be able to sit for the whole movie. Luckily for him it was only a short, unlucky for me as i could have watched alot more of that short movie.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved that Pixar short as well, I thought it was the intro to the main feature and i figured my 2 year old wasn't going to be able to sit for the whole movie. Luckily for him it was only a short, unlucky for me as i could have watched alot more of that short movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Conversely, my four and five year old were giggling like maniacs throughout lifted. Although, this is weird to me. You don't think your two year old will be able to sit through "anvil on head" humor, but he'll be able to sit through "rat as a french chef" humor?

Ray
Old 07-06-2007, 03:38 AM

Virtually all the shorts Pixar has made have been hilarious. The lamp from their title screen was from a short called Luxo Jr. and is available for download here.

Also, For The Birds, included on the DVD to Monsters, Inc., is a riot.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Conversely, my four and five year old were giggling like maniacs throughout lifted. Although, this is weird to me. You don't think your two year old will be able to sit through "anvil on head" humor, but he'll be able to sit through "rat as a french chef" humor?

It was a risk, yes. But he sat through the entire flick without making a so much as a squeak. His sister, 5 yrs old, and him were way into the movie. I am sure the tub o' popcorn and lemonade helped too.