Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: something I\'ve been doing a lot more of lately

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn raise is too much IMO after that flop action.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does everyone autocap the flop? How about calling the flop threebet and delivering a turn raise on a non scare card?
Turn bet is more likely a "don't give the free card to a flush draw" or v-bet play than a semibluff and with the king appearing I don't think you are ahead of 2/3 of his range. IE he doesn't have AKs here often enough to warrant a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this line almost 100%
Old 07-05-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cap preflop every time, but I don't play this high. I don't really see the reason for raising the turn. You may have underrepresented your hand, but against his range I don't think you have the equity you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never cap preflop with AA's in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this depends a ton on my image, if people think I'm out of line I think it's a crime not to cap.

also, do you almost never cap anything here? or are you capping cooler stuff like T8s??

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wouldnt fool around with capping BS in this spot without a strong read since we are raising from a non-steal position and this guy's 3betting OOP.

That said I rarely cap in postion no matter what I have, and Im ok with this strategy, but If I were against someone who it was correct to cap BS against then I would probably cap with all my good hands to balance this strategy. Of course I would only balance my strategy if I thought balance was necessary.

I would also like to point out that if I had a strong hand and I felt that capping preflop would actually induce more action than I could receive by calling in position then I would cap in that scenario also.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:00 PM

jba,

for a lot of people this play can be awful. This really depends on how you play a lot of other hands.

If you have a loose image, a lot of time people will cap/lead TP into you. So I like it. I don't cap AA pf HU most of the time but when 2 players in i will.

That turn card though, he bets it, I just call.