Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: For even money what would you bet the 2+2 response to this question is?
Over 99% say Ivey can't do it 21 67.74%
Under 99% say he can't do it 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Do you hate The USA?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a rare, well traveled and experienced 'Merican, I can say that the vast majority (aside from radical Muslims) of foreigners don't actually hate America or Americans but they do despise the sitting government and it's current policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point. I don't think in any few political conversations I've had with any of my friends, the policies of countries other than the U.S. have ever come up, while foreigners seem well educated on what's going on here.

I don't see how they can possibly claim to hate the U.S. when a government that doesn't affect them provides them with a great debate topic as well as entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sort of answered your own question. Part of it is how ignorant Americans are of what is going on in other countries in the world. They just care (even though they don't even care about this) about their own country. That's the perception, I think.

Also, a lot of people outside of USA end up believing all the stupid conspiracy stuff people in the <1% intelligence percentile say. IE: USA was behind 9/11, we didn't land on the moon, people die on the streets because no socialized medicine, Bush is going to stay in office until he dies and his offspring take over.

Part of it also has to be because we elected Bush again...I hated Americans for a while after that election. Well, not hate, but I was very dissapointed.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that most people that "hate" america hate it because what america does generally matters and affects the world, and what their piss-ant country does really doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't hate the country, just the high proportion of douchbags that live in it.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think people hate the US, I think they hate our administration and our foreign policy.

The US is the best country in the world, all we need now is legalized online poker because it was never legal in the first place

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2007, 01:28 PM

what's a douchbag
Old 07-05-2007, 01:33 PM

its canadian slang for asians, ban this racist pos.

and i think any anti american canadians should only be allowed to post in bbv france with their countrymen
Old 07-05-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's a douchbag

[/ QUOTE ]

Among other things: someone who gets his kicks from shoving his country's (supposed) greatness down other people´s throats, sometimes using brute force, sometimes just repeating it over and over on internet message boards.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's a douchbag

[/ QUOTE ]

Typo of Dutchbag. It's what the Dutch cloggers of old kept their clogs in.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:40 PM

Your country has an enormous amount of power to affect all our lives. That power been used with very little wisdom and most Americans are ignorant about your foreign policy and the world in general.

Very few people are jealous of the USA lol.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your country has an enormous amount of power to affect all our lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, I mean what country wants power? We just spun the natural resources lottery, landed on jackpot, and built the greatest nation/infastructure on planet earth.

Once again a comment is foreign policy/administrative related and not based on the country itself. Other countries citizens ARE jealous of the US - see immigration.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your country has an enormous amount of power to affect all our lives. That power been used with very little wisdom and most Americans are ignorant about your foreign policy and the world in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

all I learned in high school about other countries was their heinous acts. i didnt learn about any of their current policies. they just shoved america is the number one nation in the world right now down my throat. and all the tards were like ya america is number one [censored] everyone else. we are better than you.
Closed Thread