Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Evaluate this drinking prop bet

I dont think he has much of a chance of this, unless he is a serious drinker already.

8-1 is pretty generous though. I'd probably have a nibble at that.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:00 AM

To stay under 0.05 BAC limit a normal male can take 1 standard drink an hour, this being said this should definately be possible for him
Old 07-05-2007, 06:18 AM

i have friends who could do this easily. drink 5-8 shots quickly. wait 31 minutes. throw up. repeat
Old 07-05-2007, 06:23 AM

I'd take this bet at even money and I've been tee-total for the last couple months. I'd buy a decent vodka though as less impurities = less hangover problems.

And yeah, one an hour or a double every couple hours FTW. Now, four consecutive 20 shot nights (say 8pm to 2am) would be tougher.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have friends who could do this easily. drink 5-8 shots quickly. wait 31 minutes. throw up. repeat

[/ QUOTE ]

good point... i have no issue forcing myself to throw up... what about OP's friend?

either way i think this is do-able for anyone who's an insomniac (most people on 2p2?!?!)... he could just sleep 4 hours a day and take one an hour the rest of the time... and if he gets lazy for a couple, just take them down in the last 35 minutes (if he feels bad in the last 5 minutes, he can still throw up and finish off one last shot FTW)
Old 07-05-2007, 06:38 AM

8 to 1 is silly. This shouldn't be hard at all especially with him being 200 lbs. I would be able to do this with ease if it was whiskey or higher quality vodka. I think the only thing you have going for you is the cheap vodka. Shots of that stuff makes you want to throw up on the spot.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:40 AM

make thsoe shots 90% popov 10% everclear and you have a chance of not losing this prop

that is assuming your friend isn't a puss
Old 07-05-2007, 07:25 AM

It seems like every 6 months or so a bet of this type gets thrown out, and I don't think I've ever seen a success follow-up post. The "100 beer challenge" is close to the same: 100 beers in 72 hours. I've never known anybody that's done it. Ditto with the "gallon of milk" challenge, although I've seen an internet vid that looks legit.

I think a common pitfall of these things is that, if you break it down hourly, it seems simple. Take a shot every hour, and get four hours sleep? Simple! But it seems like things never shake out this way, and there's a large, destructive cumulative force that's never taken into account by those on the losing side of the bet.

If I were you or your friend or whoever is contemplating this, I'd take a day or two to scour the internet for successful finishes. If, as in the case of the milk bet, those successes actually take a day to find, you're probably the sucker.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:36 AM

run down,

i'm not sure... for example, i basicly was on vacation for 2 months in a smaller city in china, and went partying every day.

no hangover, very little sleep, of course plenty of food...

i'm not saying everyone can do this challenge, or that it's even worth 4 days of your life for that amount of money, but i do think there are a good amount of people (above 10% maybe) of men 20-25 who could do this if planned out right
Old 07-05-2007, 07:46 AM

this sounds pretty easy if he doesn't have to do anything during the day (job). He could just drink 1 shot an hour during the day and then the rest when he goes out at night and he should have no trouble