Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Joe Seboks blog post - Re: Ikes play

i will force this into action
Old 07-05-2007, 02:07 AM

isnt he right that both are a little deep to be making light resteals? I mean he obviously doesnt get it cause he thinks you think your getting money in to win an all in, when you just want to chip up w/ no SD, but 30 BB shoves on 3x raises... seems deep to me
Old 07-05-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heads up match for rolls?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 AM

Well, ike took into account that Sebok might be making a move on the blinds and trying to take them down without seeing a flop. With what range of hands does Sebok call with on that first hand? I doubt Sebok calls with anything worse than jacks or ace-king (maybe tens or ace-queen). Sebok's range is much wider than that when raising from the CO. If Sebok folds often enough (which he probably does), then it could be profitable in the long run.

Not as big of a fan of the second one though. When you get caught up on the first hand, the jig is up. Sebok's range when calling you in that situation will probably widen now that he's seen that. That was proven when he called with the nines.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, ike took into account that Sebok might be making a move on the blinds and trying to take them down without seeing a flop. With what range of hands does Sebok call with on that first hand? I doubt Sebok calls with anything worse than jacks or ace-king (maybe tens or ace-queen). Sebok's range is much wider than that when raising from the CO. If Sebok folds often enough (which he probably does), then it could be profitable in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't a re-raise to about 7000 be just as effective? If Sebok was trying to steal with garbage, he'd fold to that.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:33 AM

I've watched Sebok tell his friends about hands I've observed/participated in where he played for stacks, and he couldn't even get the preflop/flop action right. I'm not talking bet sizes- he simply can't recollect the action correctly. I have no confidence in his estimation of effective stacks/blind levels.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:38 AM

The second one is a pretty large resteal to call with 99. Unless he is including 33 in the range.

I also think KJ is a bad resteal hand here on an overbet, especially given the previous hand's action.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
isnt he right that both are a little deep to be making light resteals?

[/ QUOTE ]No, and AT vs a Button raise isn't really "light" anyway unless Sebok is really nitty.

The upper limit for a re-steal from me is 10x a standard raise, which is just about how deep they were.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 AM

whatevskis keep [censored] on him.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The second one is a pretty large resteal to call with 99. Unless he is including 33 in the range.

I also think KJ is a bad resteal hand here on an overbet, especially given the previous hand's action.

[/ QUOTE ]I think the push with KJ was a lot better than the call with 99. Obviously Sebok was a good enough player to realize that he was in a coin flip situation and call off his stack since Ike never has TT+ here. (Yes, this is sarcasm)

As for the timing, well I think the tendency is not for players to make a re-steal right after getting caught in one, so Sebok might give Ike more credit for a hand. Of course, he might just think Ike is steaming, which I guess is what happened. However, KJ is not bad at all against Sebok's calling range (especially if he'll call with 99), and he should have a lot of fold equity against Sebok's open raising range.

I do hate it when players call in a coinflip situation and then berate the other player when they lose/win (either: "you donky- I can't believe you took my chips" or "haha, thanks for the chips you donk"). Because calling in a coinflip with no fold equity is obviously >EV than pushing a coinflip with fold equity. (Again with more sarcasm, wich I'm am noting just because it doesn't translate will into written word).