Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Home Game Ethics Question

[ QUOTE ]
More details needed- did you table the hand after betting was done, and not notice? In that case, they should have pointed out the hand.

If someone who saw your hand pointed it out, but it wasn't tabled, then MAJOR no-no.

[/ QUOTE ]

All in pre-flop (cards turned over at that time) I had about a 2-1 chip lead, and my A-9 vs 2-2. It was late, we dealt the board no A or 9, I was starting to count chips as the river came out when a railbird noticed that I hit a straight around the 9. Neither myself or the other player in the pot saw it (again it was very late and we were worn out). But it was pointed our right away so there was no controversy or anything.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:44 AM

Another question that I am sure someone knows the official answer to.

We deal the game ourselves. Maybe once every couple of weeks the dealer will prematurely deal a turn or river. This is generally because either A)The dealer missed/forgot someone was in the hand; or B)The player didn't have their cards in plain enough view.

When this happens obviously first we try to stop the dealer before the card is displayed. If this is not possible we do one of two things depending on the situation.

A) Generally we just move on to the next betting round, too bad so sad. We especially do this if the player had their cards hidden at all, or if the dealer acted slowly and there was plenty of chance to stop him.

B) If the player was truly getting ready to bet, we still give them to option to check or bet(esentially giving them first and last position).

Clearly one of these is wrong (probably B?) and it's worse that we are somewhat inconsistent, although we genuinely try to do what is most fair from situation to situation.

What do you all do in your games when this situation arises?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 AM

Old 07-05-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe once every couple of weeks the dealer will prematurely deal a turn or river.
When this happens obviously first we try to stop the dealer before the card is displayed. If this is not possible we do one of two things depending on the situation.

A) Generally we just move on to the next betting round, too bad so sad. We especially do this if the player had their cards hidden at all, or if the dealer acted slowly and there was plenty of chance to stop him.

B) If the player was truly getting ready to bet, we still give them to option to check or bet(esentially giving them first and last position).

Clearly one of these is wrong (probably B?) and it's worse that we are somewhat inconsistent, although we genuinely try to do what is most fair from situation to situation.

What do you all do in your games when this situation arises?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are BOTH wrong, technically. It may not be wrong for your home game.

Search here for posts about this- we've dealt with this in detail several times in the last few months.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:30 PM

i vote for #1

but i would have never told him that i didn't have the flush.

then he would be stoked that he made a great laydown while i would still have his money

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 PM

his fault, this has happened in home games where i've played before, and player with KQ often calls knowing you're FOS and capitalizing off of his mistake. It's part of the game, mercy is kind of defeating the point of poker