Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Is it even possible to have a streak of luck this bad?? WTF??!?!?

I wouldn't want the thread to degenerate into a pissing contest (or would it be a urinary infection contest in this case?) but yesterday I managed to lose 17 70/30 or better *in a row* (yes, I was counting: I had an awful week and wanted to check whether my luck was as bad as I thought or if I had just plain started to play badly), in the span of 2 hours.

This has exactly 1.29 millionth of a percent chance of happening.

So, short answer is: yes, it does happen, no, you're not the only one, no, there is always someone, somewhere running worse than you do (and probably playing higher stakes, too).
Old 07-04-2007, 06:33 PM

Today I lost 247 hands in a row where I was 80/20 to win. That has excactly .00001 of a billionth percent chance of happening. So yes, your not the only one who runs this bad. I don't want this to become a degen pissing contest even though I'm sure there are people out there who ran worse then me today.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:11 PM

anyone who says aces get cracked all the time are LIARS! as proven by this huge sample size, you can see that they lose 1 time in 39, so aces hold up 97.43% of the time! (one time was a chop)
Old 07-04-2007, 08:01 PM

thinly veiled brag bubaloo?
Old 07-04-2007, 08:31 PM

hell yeah! aa 39 times, cracked once
Old 07-04-2007, 08:42 PM

I have played tens of thousands of sngs, which is not even considered a big number. If you think you are running bad here, you have no idea what is possible. Also, you probably have memory bias. One time I was convinced I lost with aces like 95% of the time.

So I asked stars to send me all my hands of that day with AA. Out of the ~300 times I had aces (I used to play a god-awful amount of sngs), I won about as much as I should have (sng poker is basically AIPF and AA does about the same vs all hands, so opponents hand range and deepness isn't a serious factor.)

What this shows is you can have memory bias, and only remember hands that you lost, but not remember hands you won because you were "supposed to win" them, even though you really are only supposed to win a 70/30 70% of the time, etc.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:02 PM

ok, like , tonight i was playing live , and like I forgot my jacket ... and my jacket is worth more that you entire roll ... so like ... what im trying to say is ... [censored] you and you lame friggin 3$ SNG's you asshat ... suck my balls sir [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, like , tonight i was playing live , and like I forgot my jacket ... and my jacket is worth more that you entire roll ... so like ... what im trying to say is ... [censored] you and you lame friggin 3$ SNG's you asshat ... suck my balls sir [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...did you really type "asshat"? And do you really want me the first to suck your balls? That wouldn't be a very special first time, imo
Old 07-04-2007, 11:50 PM

My AA got beaten 7 times straight yesterday and I lost my entire roll because of that. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:13 AM

BASTARD!