Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: 30 years old and having trouble meeting wome

I'd try to offer some insight being 30, single and one of the last few single ones in my crew, but I have only been able to poorly hit on young co-workers to no avail. good luck and let me know how it goes.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd try to offer some insight being 30, single and one of the last few single ones in my crew, but I have only been able to poorly hit on young co-workers to no avail. good luck and let me know how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop trying to do it at work. A fairly freshly-minted attorney like yourself is pretty much a winning lottery ticket to most of the hosebags out there, which should cover you for fun easily. And you can still take your pick of a huge part of the regular girls too.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop trying to do it at work. A fairly freshly-minted attorney like yourself is pretty much a winning lottery ticket to most of the hosebags out there, which should cover you for fun easily. And you can still take your pick of a huge part of the regular girls too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I was just trying to throw some self-deprecating humor out there.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 PM

I don't understand how come so many guys who get married or engaged are "not allowed" to go out with their single friends anymore. Do their wives/fiances mistrust them that much? And if so, sounds like the relationship must be pretty crappy.

But anyway, my advice would be to join some interesting groups (depending on your interests). This might sound odd but there are a LOT of single gals who like to go do stuff like bird counts for wildlife organizations or participate in beach clean-ups and stuff like that. People bring their lunch and sit around getting to know each other during a break. And chicks dig guys who are sensitive and caring.

Most people think the best place to meet women is a bar. But that depends on whether you are looking to develop a real relationship or just cruising for some cheesy tail from a [censored].
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And chicks dig guys who are sensitive and caring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but usually they don't bang them.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 AM

Goddammit man, I got married young and I'm 30. I'm not saying I'm not happy, but if I was single now I would have [censored] sweet game compared to when I was single. Maybe it's because once you're married you don't care / have no fear. Anyway, just get it done man, for the sake of vicariousness.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:47 AM

www.jdate.com, biznatch
Old 07-05-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how come so many guys who get married or engaged are "not allowed" to go out with their single friends anymore. Do their wives/fiances mistrust them that much? And if so, sounds like the relationship must be pretty crappy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some guys just use this as an excuse when they get older and don't want to hang out as much with their single friends. Going to bars with a bunch of single guys who are looking to meet women loses its allure once you are no longer part of the game.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some guys just use this as an excuse when they get older and don't want to hang out as much with their single friends. Going to bars with a bunch of single guys who are looking to meet women loses its allure once you are no longer part of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. 'Chair and I both blow off our friends sometimes (and blame each other when giving our reasoning), not because either of us doesn't want the other to go out, but just because a lot of the time we're happier hanging out and doing something lame with each other.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Women often do this. The net effect is that the man has only one place to come to for his emotional expression and interplay: the wife/girlfriend. By eliminating the competition, the female makes her position dramatically more secure. This is one of the ways a relationship can make you go from "wanting" the other person to "needing" the other person. Now you're emotionally pretty much locked in.

Something somewhat similar happens with abusive guys who narrow their partner's ability to see and maintain contact with their friends. In both cases, the result can be that the person who "cleans out" their partner's social life has set the stage for a decline in their own behavior to be seen as perfectly acceptable, since there is no longer any context to compare it to, or, alternatively, as something to be born with whether it's acceptable or not, because it's the only emotional fullfilment of any type that's available.