Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Stars massive field, ITM, evaluate my exit please.

I had trouble getting past the first hand. Did you have somewhere to go? You try a steal with easily dominatable garbage (which is fine depending on how you view your opponent) then proceed to piss away as many chips as you can grab, with no kicker and no spade in your hand. Just because you are the big stack doesn't mean you have a liscence to play like a complete psycho. You worked hard for those chips (presumably), show them some repect. All-in with AJ? You need to tighten up your play. I would recommend studying how certain hands play vs a certain range. For example, against the top 5% of hands (99+, AQ+) your AJ is around 30% to win. Unless you have a very specific read don't spew your chips hoping to get lucky. As played, i think your only hope of winning this tournament was to suck-out more than Jamie Gold at last years main event.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Stars massive field, ITM, evaluate my exit please.

[ QUOTE ]
I had trouble getting past the first hand. Did you have somewhere to go? You try a steal with easily dominatable garbage (which is fine depending on how you view your opponent) then proceed to piss away as many chips as you can grab, with no kicker and no spade in your hand. Just because you are the big stack doesn't mean you have a liscence to play like a complete psycho. You worked hard for those chips (presumably), show them some repect. All-in with AJ? You need to tighten up your play. I would recommend studying how certain hands play vs a certain range. For example, against the top 5% of hands (99+, AQ+) your AJ is around 30% to win. Unless you have a very specific read don't spew your chips hoping to get lucky. As played, i think your only hope of winning this tournament was to suck-out more than Jamie Gold at last years main event.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, very witty wp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So were ok to try the steal in hand one, but we get called, so what are your thoughts after the flop? We're check folding?? No thanks. Can we fold to the shove considering our image at the table? Im not sure.

I agree about my over aggressive-ness on hand 2, trust me ive had it drummed into me by Mr Harrington that this spot is a clear fold, but I am adjusting to my environment. I still defend my view of his range, having played lots of these $1 tourneys people will seriously raise and call with Q10 suited etc etc in any position, and with a bigstack arent we looking to take these idiots apart??

matt