Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 07:42 AM

Default Trip Report:Ron Paul LV Meetup

I attended my first Las Vegas Ron Paul "meetup" last night. There were 50-60 people in attendance and the formal meeting lasted a little over 2 hours.

Topics included:

"How to become a Clark County delegate for the republican caucaus" (at least 5 or 6 people filled out voter registration forms to become registered republicans; some shed tears doing so)

"First hand reports from the Iowa Forum/ Ron Paul Rally" Video from Ron Paul's rally shows a packed house (reportedly close to 1000 people vs. the 600-700 next door) Apparently the people who attended the Iowa Forum were not allowed to leave the way they came in because the Ron Paul Rally was next door. They were instead forced to leave by a back entrance and walk all the way around the building and re-enter if they wished to here Ron Paul speak.

"The Great Ron Paul Overnight Signing Campaign" There are plans for a massive signing campaign the night of July 3rd. If you want to participate you can PM me or call me at 702-241-8248.

It was an extraordinary mix of people; 20-30% republican, 40-50% libertarian/unknown/undecided, 20-30% democrat, and one certifiable nutjob. I would characterize at least 60% of the people as disenfranchized, disgruntled, and disappointed. As far as I was able to determine I was the only "internet poker" person there and everybody seeemed unaware of the level of support from the poker community.

The level of enthusiasm was unbelievable. I have never met a group of more intelligent and articulate people(except perhaps on these forums). The discussion went on for several hours after the formal meeting. For better or worse I have pledged my soul to this campaign.

Ron Paul will be arriving in Las Vegas Thursday or Friday. As soon as we get the details( probably this morning) I will post them. We intend to have at least 100 people at the airport to meet him.

There will be a rally for Ron Paul at the Paris hotel in the champagne room on Saturday July, 7th between 2 and 5 pm.

"It might just be that freedom is popular"

ZPM
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Trip Report:Ron Paul LV Meetup

[ QUOTE ]

"It might just be that freedom is popular"

ZPM

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, it's not.

Good trip report, thanks for posting it.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:21 AM

I wonder how big of a deal the sign campaign is going to be
Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 PM

What: Welcome Ron Paul to Las Vegas

When: Friday, July 6, 11:00 PM

Where: Las Vegas Airport - LAS - Mc Carran Intl Airport

Event Description: Dr Paul will arrive at the airport July 6th at 11pm on flight 116
Everyone who can be there to welcome him is welcome!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:47 PM

It would be cool if a pro or two would meet him and get him some press.