Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: QQ in MP, ace flops, very loose SB donks

I hope that =P means you're kidding.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise as well. It makes perfect sense to me, since it buys information while the streets are cheap. If I get 3bet, I call it, then check/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
With no draws, I dislike this plan. I don't see the point to calling the 3-bet.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I will say my own ideas about situations like that. My opinions are of course somewhat biased but I do my best to be objective. Note that this post may contain semispoilers on the outcome of the hand. Also I consider my thoughts about this situation somewhat weak-tight.

FOLD: the more I think about situations like that the more I like folding in these spots in microlimit full ring. In these tables people like ace-rag, someone playing every pot loves it. If I had reads about opponent then I would consider raising (or calling) in certain situations but against unknown I should give most of the time credit for him holding an ace with flop donk like that. aK13 said it already - „This is almost 100% Ax in the games that I play“

CALL: I cant like calling too much here. Unless I catch Q on turn I will fold to any turn bet from small blind, if he checks would I bet the turn? Depends whether its 3-way or HU I think (and of course about turn card). I tend to think that in the long run the small bets we lose by calling dont make up for the times we end up being good here but its a though spot for me to say.

RAISE: this was my first instinct, firstly it would show me how much button loves his hand, secondly it may make small blind throw his hand or slow him down. But button calls here 2 cold with flush draw (dont think he would call 2 cold preflop with any cards that give him OESD so we can eliminate that) as well as with ace and even though I slow small blind down I’m still drawing to 2 outs in case he has ace. I think raising in this spot without specific reason is not correct although it looks tempting.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:36 AM

If you call the flop without a read it's because you're calling one bet on all streets. Peeling to fold UI = terrible (playing this as a draw at all = terrible). 22:1 shot to turn a set and half the time it will put a 3flush on board.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise as well. It makes perfect sense to me, since it buys information while the streets are cheap. If I get 3bet, I call it, then check/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
With no draws, I dislike this plan. I don't see the point to calling the 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't like folding to a reraise. I don't know about my opponents, but whenever somebody raises me and I 3bet, and they fold, they get a note. Get who gets 3bet almost every time they raise thereafter?