Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tampa also allows IPods... and the game is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when? They've told me to stop using my iPod several times.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my dealers at the Tampa HR told me they started allowing ipods Sunday.

They also started enforcing all the rules that they never bothered to before. No racks on the table. Players are no longer allowed to take chips back after they bet by saying, "I thought he raised. I just want to call." And dealers are actually giving warnings to people for talking about a hand in progress. The HR is actually starting to take poker seriously for a change.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:09 PM

Has there been any 10/20 omaha games going at all?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has there been any 10/20 omaha games going at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The Seminoles had a $5 cap on the bets in their omaha and stud games when I was there on Sunday. 2/4 omaha and 1-5 stud IIRC.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tampa also allows IPods... and the game is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when? They've told me to stop using my iPod several times.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my dealers at the Tampa HR told me they started allowing ipods Sunday.

They also started enforcing all the rules that they never bothered to before. No racks on the table. Players are no longer allowed to take chips back after they bet by saying, "I thought he raised. I just want to call." And dealers are actually giving warnings to people for talking about a hand in progress. The HR is actually starting to take poker seriously for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're offering the kind of stakes they're offering, they better take it seriously. They ain't in Kansas no more.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you?

dukenukem,
I plan to go to Jasper Thursday. Curious about the team you speak of. What do they look like, etc. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM

I went over to the Hardrock in Hollywood FL today .. they has games 1/2 NL 2/4 NL 2/5 NL 5/10 NL 25/50 NL and the place was crowded .. I signed up for 1/2nl and 2/5nl and took what ever came 1st .. I did get a 1/2nl -- but it took approx 2 hrs to get called for the table ... I can tell you that the $$$$$ was flying on the tables, with some great pot sizes ... I didn;t really get [censored] for cards, but was still able to walk out with a minn of $80 wins .. not much but a start for only playing 3 hrs .. a hell better than the $2 strgt game they had .. oh! yes they still had those games for players that wanted them... they closed out some of the tables around 5:30pm so they could setup the tables for high stakes tournaments, so I left with my small wins ...I may go back on Saturday .... YES and the rack only $5 total on any amount in the pot .. GLAD TO SEE THE STAKES WHERE THEY ARE NOW GOOD LUCK ALL
Old 07-03-2007, 07:50 PM

Anyone know what games are they are now spreading at the Kennel Club in West Palm beach?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Best Bet Jax

[ QUOTE ]
this sounds absolutely insane.

Moving to Panama City in a few days and will be playing at the nearby place in a town called Ebro which I assume will have similarly donktacular action.

I haven't seen anyone mention they are in that area or have played there.
Maybe I will be the only 2+2'er type player in the whole room (not that it makes much of a difference).
Can't wait to get down there. The timing of my move to Florida couldn't be better. Sounds like Fla might be the hot-bet for perhaps the best poker in the country right now. Wow.

Also, completely agree with TT that a perma-thread for Florida poker is a dumb idea.
Why would we need one? Just post your Florida poker stuff in this thread, or if there's a completely different topic worthy of a new thread then do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob, I tried to PM you but your box is full. I want to ask you something in private.

As far as Ebro goes, I was there 5-6 months ago and it was dead. No action at all. Hopefully that will change now. Ebro is very quiet.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:10 PM

The Poker Room at Palm Beach Kennel Club will become the Largest Poker Room in the State of Florida beginning Sunday, July 1, 2007. New laws effective July 1 include: Larger multi-table tournaments (up to $800 buy-in); No Limit Hold’em cash games; added or guaranteed tournament payouts, jackpots and promotional giveaways. “In terms of the revenue to the State, the number of tables, and the level of customer service and promotion activities – this room will be the biggest and the best in Florida,” said General Manager Arthur J. Laughlin. On July 1, a celebration is planned for the opening of the new 20-table Poker Tournament Room on the 2nd floor. This area, combined with the existing 40-table room on the lst floor makes for 60 tables of poker action. The Grand Opening will feature Senator Dave Aronberg and the Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches cutting the ribbon at approximately 11:00 a.m. Players can try their skills in a $200 buy-in tournament with a guaranteed $10,000 first-place payoff beginning at 1:00pm (Sign-Ups begin when gates open at 11:00 a.m.). “These new rules will allow us to take the popularity of poker at Palm Beach Kennel Club to a whole new level,” said Laughlin. “Along with the new bigger and better tournaments and no limit cash games, we will continue to offer something for every level of poker player,” he added. The Poker Room offers 60 non-smoking tables playing Texas Hold’em, 5 and 7 card stud, Omaha and more. The room also features food and beverage service and wagering on greyhound and thoroughbred races. Since it opened in 1997, PBKC’s Poker Room has been number one in terms of attendance and play. Poker is played noon to midnight seven days a week.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:29 PM

thx dzz, wow a real life Senator and everything!