Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Turn Aggression from Donk-a-doo

My villain here is 67/0/1 (really!) (21 hands)

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

I'm strong enough here to iso raise and maybe buy the button, and can still get away cheap if I miss the flop.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Yikes... I didn't expect the re-raise, free card play doubtfull (he don't know it), raggity 2 pair/set more likely. I may be in trouble.

Turn: (7.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font> ...

Hero ?????

I love the turn card, go for a check raise to get the 2-pair guy to pay me off. I get an unexpected check-call-raise from villain. Very confusing, unless he has the other J, and if he does I probably have a better one (but he never raises PF).

Capping the turn a no-brainer? Or time to check this puppy down?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Turn Aggression from Donk-a-doo

21 hands insn't enough to get much of a read on, more interesting is what hands he showed down.

I think you can cap this turn but I wouldn't hate a call. UTG could have you outkicked or drawing to a bigger full house or a horribly miss-played QQ-KK-AA.

With 2 other people interested in this pot they can't both have the case J, which is a little scary so I want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the turn card, go for a check raise to get the 2-pair guy to pay me off. I get an unexpected check-call-raise from villain. Very confusing, unless he has the other J, and if he does I probably have a better one (but he never raises PF).

[/ QUOTE ]
You really need to reorient his range so that 77 and 33 fit in somewhere close to the top.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:51 PM

I don't know who the Villain you're referring to is, so I'm ignoring those stats

You put the Button on a flopped two pair or set. Ok, but I'd also add in some Jx's as well. Then you turn 3 jacks. Unless Villain has 73 or is playing QQ/KK/AA like a moron, the turn didn't help you.

In a threeway pot, I'd be more apt to 3-bet the flop than hold off till the turn with TP2K. If I did call the flop raise though, it would be with the intention of raising any non-scare turn card.

As played, I'd just call UTG's raise rather than capping since I'd prefer to take the dead money from whoever doesn't have the case jack rather than capping and potentially folding out the Button only to lose to UTG as I figure that the Button is only going to fold the hands that are drawing slim against us. However, if you do cap and UTG leads the river, I'd just call UI.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:59 PM

I would have 3bet the flop.

Call down turn 3bets.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3bet the flop.

Call down turn 3bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were not really clear whether UTG or button was the villain, or perhaps both of them were.

Anyway, I think that 3-betting the flop seems to make the hand easier to play.

By the way, if you suspected the button to have J7,J3,77 or 33 after his flop raise, then he would have improved to a full house on the turn.