Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: 2/4 150 deep vs womenslaven turn C/R

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it is...one of the worst actually. If you do it on a bluff, at least do it with something that isn't overly likely to be dominated. What if an Ace flops? You already saw what happened with your 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

if an ace comes then sometimes i have the best hand and win a small pot and sometimes i dont have the best hand and lose a small pot.

And if its checked to me on the river than i'd definitely bet it as it has value. If you have played with the guy then u'd no there was value in betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I just read that. Surreal...

1) You don't "win small or lose small" with an Ace flopping.
2) If you know the guy that well, why are you posting this as it's so read dependent?

[ QUOTE ]
btw to the other people in this thread, it wasn't really emphasised enough in the OP that this is a very very tough, aggressive opponent, not just some random 400NL tag

[/ QUOTE ]

Understanding that, it should be a read stated in OP so we've got full info. And I still don't like A8s as a 3b hand PF.

- C -
Old 07-02-2007, 10:14 PM

the thing is it's more of a situation of "i have two vaguely relevant cards on the button vs someone opening 50% of his hands on the cutoff" than "i have A8s, im likely dominated". plus he will fold A9, AT, and always fourbet AK, so the list of hands he might call with and have you dominated are pretty slim. i mean honestly he would probably fourbet AJ and AQ as well most of the time, unless suited, and he will probably call with 89s and 78s, so you are probably dominating him just as often, which seems ridiculous but if you think about it is quite possibly true.

and if you coldcall, one of the tags in blinds will see a lag open, loose tag coldcall, and likely squeeze with anything semiplayable, so calling sucks, as does folding when you usually have the best hand.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 AM

1) You don't "win small or lose small" with an Ace flopping.

One of the biggest winners on party 2/4 thinks 3beting A,8 is fine, i think its fine and fionn_mac another good 2/4 player thinks its fine. Re-think plz.

2) If you know the guy that well, why are you posting this as it's so read dependent?

[ QUOTE ]
btw to the other people in this thread, it wasn't really emphasised enough in the OP that this is a very very tough, aggressive opponent, not just some random 400NL tag

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people play 2/4 on party and know who im talking about...I didn't include the name of opponent in the title for fun.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the biggest winners on party 2/4 thinks 3beting A,8 is fine, i think its fine and fionn_mac another good 2/4 player thinks its fine. Re-think plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need to rethink...my opinion is different and while I understand their points I don't agree with it. I've been in this discussion before, I don't really care to rehash it, but A8s isn't a hand I really feel should be a 3b hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Because people play 2/4 on party and know who im talking about...I didn't include the name of opponent in the title for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Okay...feel free to assume everyone posting here knows everyone around. But don't be too surprised when people give less than optimal advice because they don't have enough info to do a proper evaluation.

- C -
Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 AM

3betting preflop is fine, you're in position and 150BB deep and don't want kafka to squeeze it. It's also pretty easy to determine what kinda hands he's calling you with, he's def not the guy to call w any A as he is most likely going to 4bet AK(/AQ/AJs) and just fold the other ones. So seeing an A high flop is not that bad either. I like the way you played the hand until the turn, I prefer a check behind and call any bet on the river. i think women is aggressive enough to fire at any given rivercard, just to try and take it down. you have not shown any strength beside the 3bet preflop, so it's pretty easy to call and you don't have to play a huge pot with a mediocre hand.
I'd fold to the turn c/r mostly tho.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM

If the description of villain is correct you played the hand perfect as long as you called the river. I agree 100% with SEABEASTS posts in this thread.