Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Boondock Saints

ICANT WALK TDOWN THE STRET WITHOUT SEEING 5 GUSY YOUVE [censored].

i'm pretty swure thats not the exact quote, but that's pretty much the only part of the netiere movie that i enjoyed.

bad bad bad.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say anyone who uses the word irreverent in a review of anything should be gang-raped by a group of carnies.

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhh, irreverent is a fairly common word for those over the age of 17.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is overrated... but so what? You can't get past yourself and enjoy it because it's overrated?

[/ QUOTE ]
Get past yourself? It's not that the movie was overrated, it was that it's TERRIBLE. It's horrible on every imaginable level, including but not limited to:
Hacky direction
Horrendous overacting

If this were like a so-bad-it's-good movie, it might have had a chance. But everyone I know recommended this movie as if it were good, which it's clearly not by any stretch of taste.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is overrated... but so what? You can't get past yourself and enjoy it because it's overrated?

[/ QUOTE ]
Get past yourself? It's not that the movie was overrated, it was that it's TERRIBLE. It's horrible on every imaginable level, including but not limited to:
Hacky direction
Horrendous overacting

If this were like a so-bad-it's-good movie, it might have had a chance. But everyone I know recommended this movie as if it were good, which it's clearly not by any stretch of taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the Boondock Saints gave me such tremendous joy, like only a few movies did.
Doesn't that count for something?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say anyone who uses the word irreverent in a review of anything should be gang-raped by a group of carnies.

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if the word is used referentially and/or sarcastically?

I'm just curious. I think I just saw a midget and a woman with a beard walk down my street.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if the word is used referentially and/or sarcastically?

I'm just curious. I think I just saw a midget and a woman with a beard walk down my street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only see using this word if one were making fun of a pretentious, uncreative critic. It has just been used too many times to describe too many pieces of art. And no, it is not a common word for those over seventeen. It's one of those words that is typically used by those who don't fully understand it's proper usage. The reason I say this is because a person who can use it properly would see that there are few good uses for it.

There is a carnival in my town right now and it's absolutley astounding how little fathers will allow their daugthters to wear. It' also astounding to just what extent they will ignore my gawking. I got lost last night because of tunnel vision induced by a young girl who accidentally wore her little sisters shorts or something.

Cam
Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The rasterbation thread had so many of you nice young gentlemen gushing about this movie, that I decided to Netflix it.

Good lord, what dreck.

Awful, awful...awful.

Believe me, I know a little bit about movies, and I think I can say with some certainty that this film is pretty awful.

All style, and no substance can be OK.

But all bad style and no substance is just plain bad.

Dumb writing, bad acting...blecch.

Even poor Willem Defoe looked like an imbecile trying to pull something out of this mess. Her came off like a cross between Dennis Hopper's Frank Booth and Gary Oldman's cop character from The Professional, only, uh, gay and, well, overacting horribly.

I want to say that I did not enjoy this film, and I want someone to tell me what I missed.

Is it just that there were a lot of guns and blood and cool stuff like that? Is it that there was a quirky twist--the avenging angels thing? Is it that I am just too high tonight?

What am I missing? You guys generally don't steer me this wrong.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In order for something to be overrated, it would have to get an undeserved amount of media and fans

Not alot of ppl go nuts over this movie... Its more of a cult classic kind of movie... But how can you not like this movie... Its so entertaining and the characters are great. Hysterical delivery of lines ie: "We could kill everyone!!"

**Steps behind Rushmore with guns crossed**

And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti"
Old 07-03-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not alot of ppl go nuts over this movie...

[/ QUOTE ]
Almost anybody who's ever mentioned this movie to me loved it. It is well beyond overrated by its fans.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can only see using this word if one were making fun of a pretentious, uncreative critic. It has just been used too many times to describe too many pieces of art. And no, it is not a common word for those over seventeen. It's one of those words that is typically used by those who don't fully understand it's proper usage. The reason I say this is because a person who can use it properly would see that there are few good uses for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain what you mean by this. I find the meaning of "irreverent" to be about as straightforward as a definition can be.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:52 AM

I'm too lazy, but someone link to the last thread there was the EXACT same discussion with the same arguments and counterarguments.

A: bad movie
B: lighten up, its just a popcorn flick!
A: ahh, but its not a good one

C:this movie is overrated
D:can't be overrated if nobody has seen it
Er if people dont rave
C: ahh but they do rave, and all young men have seen it.