Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars Regulars

[ QUOTE ]
im in the midst of a 15 buyin downswing at $200nl on stars...is this typical? or should i reevaluate my game? this downswing has went on for just 3 days now (about 7 sessions)...at what point should i drop levels or think about looking for a whole in my game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dropping down is not a bad idea at all. More importantly, you should go thru all your hands from your downswing (as painful as it is), and evaluate every single key pot, win or lose. Try your best to determine if there's anything you could have done better at ANY point in the hand, including preflop. I do this after every session and it helps a ton.

Now, there's no "correct" way to play, but I have you at 25/8 stats in my db. Playing this loose/passive will give you more variance than playing TAG, so a big downswing is not shocking to me. I don't have a ton of hands on you but it's possible you're limping in and calling too many pf raises in spots where a fold or a pf raise/reraise might be better.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, after reading Phresh's posts in the previous pages I think he should be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he should.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I run decent the first half of this month I will be moving up to 2/4 so Phresh will be happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Also for the people who have played with me and at 2/4 do you think I will struggle with the level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play your best there's no problem.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, after reading Phresh's posts in the previous pages I think he should be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even mentioning banning one of FR's best strat posters is ludacris. Losing Phresh would be a huge loss to this forum, even though Phresh doesn't post as much start in this forum as he does in others, he is a huge assest to this forum and losing him would really suck.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:22 PM

To get this thread back on track, anyone have any thoughts on Jahwe and Lapocaflame
Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even mentioning banning one of FR's best strat posters is ludacris. Losing Phresh would be a huge loss to this forum, even though Phresh doesn't post as much start in this forum as he does in others, he is a huge assest to this forum and losing him would really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

To suggest that some posters are "above the law" because they post good strat is ludacris to me.

My beef with Phresh is his unnecessary insults of some of the best posters on this board. I don't care if he thinks Mr. Dontastic is bad at poker or not, but I do care that he is calling people morons and idiots.

Especially when you consider the fact that he came into this thread unsolicited and made repeated troll-like posts that instigated the whole thing.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:47 PM

These are all things that Phresh said:

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ full ring players talking [censored]. You guys realize it's pretty much impossible for you to be any good at FR?

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't necessary. But not to mention the fact that later on he said he was "including himself" in this statement. Doesn't seem that way to me when he says "impossible for YOU to be any good"

[ QUOTE ]
STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The only people who focus on what I make in this forum are douche bags like you

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this forum sucks and will continue to suck. There shouldn't even be a FR forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You have been a douche nozzle and a gigantic tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I bump heads with idiots like you because you walk around talking [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
In closing, you are a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you're an idiot because you can't spell for [censored]. I think you are an idiot because you are seriously an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You're a delusional, hypocritical, idiotic liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, seriously, why should we tolerate behavior like this? In my opinion the forum would be much, much better of without Phresh.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Naw dont ban him, if people want to look up to him its fine. I agree that his behavior is bannable but [censored] it.

Alot of us really dont need this forum but it was nice to have when it was a community of polite and humorous free thinkers. It says alot that lurkers tell us they dont want to post because they dont want to get made fun of. Sounds like traffic is gonna increase dramitacally with phresh posting here. So fine for me, too bad for 2p2.

Ill go back to lurking since phresh suggested that the forum would be a better place without me, and since his advice is soo spot on ill oblige him.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:03 PM

this thread needs the pic of him and his snowboard, and the pics of him butchering a steak
Old 07-03-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are deluding yourself when you say you've never experienced a 10 buyin downswings in 100s of k hands, unless of course you run like a god. You mean to tell me you've never sat down at 2/4 and dropped a bunch of buyins in a session due to like some set v sets and some KK v AA? please

you are also deluding yourself when you say that 2/4 on stars is just as easy to beat as 1/2, for obvious reasons. Its a higher game, there are less games spread, and the multitabling decent player to fish ratio is much worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said in the last 62k hands I have no experienced a downswing like that, and I'm pretty sure I'm being truthful. I've of course had huge buyin swings before, even at 2/4 a year or so ago, but mostly due to bad play and terrible adjustment. 2/4 is not swingy at all for me in the past 60k hands, so like I said, it's possible I am just running hot.

And now that I have adjusted properly, I do not notice a difference in 2/4 and 1/2. I didn't say it's not different for a current 1/2 reg. I've said many times that when I first moved up I noticed a huge difference and got wrecked.

[ QUOTE ]
Phresh- I just don't understand what specifically you are annoyed about in this thread. I mean, you say that "200NL players can't be THAT good". But nobody claimed to be THAT good. Nobody on here said "I am the best player at PokerStars" or anything. I think the people who said they are good/not good were referring to the level that they play (compared to the competition). And that might not be saying much if it is at the lower limits. But what's the big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think it's stupid to spend your time running around bitching about eachother and arguing about win rates and who sucks and who is good. It's not productive when you are not that good.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, when the first 3 players fold in a FR game it is essentially a 6-max game. So we all have some experience playing short-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, this is not even close to correct.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that at 6max you start learning to play better (mostly being more agressive) and that a lot of FR players are missing out. But that's another good reason to play FR. There are a ton of weak players who won't 3bet without the nuts for example. They are easy to exploit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that's my point. Beating FR is much easier than beating 6m. Thus, a winning 6m regular is going to be a much better player than FR. But apparently when I say something like that, the winning has gone to my head (whatever tf that means) and I'm being an egotistical prick.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I could care less who I am better than or who thinks they are better than me. And if it really didn't matter to you, you would probably feel the same way. But your posts indicate that you do care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I usually tell people that arguing about who is better is a waste of time when I care about who is better.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's whatever. I've done nothing wrong in this forum, ever. Meanwhile, your "veteran" posters insult newer players and tell them to leave for no reason, then you sit around and wonder why people like me are angry with them. Like I said, it's whatever. I'm leaving anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
My beef with Phresh is his unnecessary insults of some of the best posters on this board. I don't care if he thinks Mr. Dontastic is bad at poker or not, but I do care that he is calling people morons and idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

What don't you understand man? Have you seriously read my posts or do you just notice I called someone a moron and you started whining about your precious forum? DLM and Donktastic STARTED THIS. I retaliated. I won't lie, it angered me that 2 people who were consistently giving TERRIBLE advice were both ganging up on me, calling me names, throwing in cheap shots to me that had nothing to do with poker, and the whole forum backing them up because they're "veteran" posters. You think that's fair? I give advice and disagree with Donk once, without being rude, and DLM tells me I'm gay and to go away, lol. What a veteran poster, a huge asset indeed.

[ QUOTE ]
This wasn't necessary. But not to mention the fact that later on he said he was "including himself" in this statement. Doesn't seem that way to me when he says "impossible for YOU to be any good"

[/ QUOTE ]

How? I am a full ring player exclusively and if you notice, I do not participate in the discussions about who is the best at FR, even though I could most likely post 200k hands of a higher win rate than anybody. But it is NOT PRODUCTIVE. It is useless. Even with a decent win rate you are NOT THAT GOOD at FR in general, and specifically $200 NL. If you can beat it, great, but maybe some $200 NL regs who do nothing but TALK [censored] should be put in their place? I'm the bad guy for saying, "Stop bragging about being good and talking [censored], you're not THAT good, you play FR."? (Obviously being able to beat $200 NL is a huge accomplishment, but as I've said before, most of this is just preference to me. If someone said, "Hey man, I just finally started being $200 NL" I wouldn't say LOL SO WHAT YOU DONK, but when people think they're studs for beating a game that you don't have to be truly good to beat, it's annoying to me. Sorry, I'm human.) If you can't see how that applies to myself as well then I don't know what to tell you. I think if I was playing $5 NL and was a breakeven player, nobody would say anything.

[ QUOTE ]
mean, seriously, why should we tolerate behavior like this? In my opinion the forum would be much, much better of without Phresh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you list the POSTS I WAS RESPONDING TO you biased geek. Or how about you list all my posts before DLM and Donk started attacking ME?

[ QUOTE ]
It says alot that lurkers tell us they dont want to post because they dont want to get made fun of. Sounds like traffic is gonna increase dramitacally with phresh posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder why they'd be scared to post here? Because you and Donk immediately talk [censored] to people and tell them to leave the forum? Because you and Donk spit out petty insults that have nothing to do with poker? Nah, cause Phresh says, "Stop talking [censored], nobody at FR is that good."

I'm going to try and make this my last post here. A few closing words:

-If I called someone a moron or an idiot, they had it coming.
-Go read my first posts in this forum and look at DLM and Donk being douche bags to me for no reason, while I was trying to be polite and disagreeing with their dreadful analysis and theory.
-Mix in 6m with your FR, read Theory Of Poker more than once, and start reading the SSNL/MSNL forums regularly.
-Stop playing 25 tables, you will not get better as a player this way.
-Stop being biased towards your "veteran" posters if other new people come along.
-Pokerboy, stop being a TAGfish.
Closed Thread