Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: $1,500NL FT Sweat - Tdomeski makes a 2nd final table WSOP \'07

Chandra's actually a tech guy at a large public biotech firm in the Bay Area, who has owned various businesses (including bars and coffee shops) on the side. Not sure why he went with the coffee shop owner angle, but it was amusing.

Anyway, I don't know if you saw the interview afterward or not, but Chandra is as grounded as anyone you've ever met. As he said, it was a lottery ticket for him. Obviously Taylor and Chandra both ran unbelievably well to get to the final table. I undertand Taylor was under 400 at one point early. As for Chandra, at the four hour break when the blinds were about to go up to 150/300 with 25 antes he only had about 1000 left, and he joked that at least one of us would make the money (meaning me, because I had a pretty healthy stack at that point, having busted two players, won some other big pots and almost quadrupled up). However, I ran into some bad luck, then got moved to a couple of uber-loose/aggressive table with larger stacks (including two of the final table players), went completely card dead and got decimated by the blinds while the big stacks fought it out every single hand. I had to go all in six times over the last two hours before the dinner break just to survive. Meanwhile Chandra (whose M was a little over 1) was moved to a passive table, where he started getting walks in the BB and getting folds all around to his min raises (which was all he could afford with that stack). By the dinner break, I was the one virtually dead in the water, and while his stack was still dangerously low, Chandra felt much better. He just sat back, played his hands and let the chips come to him.

Anyway, my point is he knows he had the run of a lifetime.

Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we're all kinda bitter about chandra's horrific T9o shove somehow outrunning AK and dome not running good HU, but besides that we're happy the $700k is going to a nice guy.

(and more to the poster miles ahead) ->

i mean, not coming off as a dick (its really hard not to), but I really hope chandra puts all of that money away towards real-life stuff like his family, his retirement, his coffee shop (if i remember right), because i would hate to see a guy like chandra start thinking he's cool enough to play 50/100 NL when he's clearly just a decently good recreational player. but i have no idea how his brain works, but felt it obligatory to just state that i would hate seeing a nice guy piss away tournament money wins in cashgames or other stupid stuff like blackjack.

anyways gg gl in life etc, grats chandra, and tdome and sub, wheeee.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is gay.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we're all kinda bitter about chandra's horrific T9o shove somehow outrunning AK and dome not running good HU, but besides that we're happy the $700k is going to a nice guy.

(and more to the poster miles ahead) ->

i mean, not coming off as a dick (its really hard not to), but I really hope chandra puts all of that money away towards real-life stuff like his family, his retirement, his coffee shop (if i remember right), because i would hate to see a guy like chandra start thinking he's cool enough to play 50/100 NL when he's clearly just a decently good recreational player. but i have no idea how his brain works, but felt it obligatory to just state that i would hate seeing a nice guy piss away tournament money wins in cashgames or other stupid stuff like blackjack.

anyways gg gl in life etc, grats chandra, and tdome and sub, wheeee.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile Chandra (whose M was a little over 1) was moved to a passive table, where he started getting walks in the BB and getting folds all around to his min raises (which was all he could afford with that stack).

[/ QUOTE ]

...lol and sigh...

Yeah congrats chandra and co.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That would be me. I busted in 6th place.

Taylor is without a doubt the strongest player left in the tourney, it would be quite surprising if he doesn't take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i was def happy when you busted i thought you played a short stack great...i suck and got 2nd tho
Old 07-03-2007, 03:04 AM

If I had no means of ever getting my word in to chandra or a friend of his, I would have simply not cared. However I have at least heard of multiple instances of people being retarded when they have a huge score and doing something stupid.

Though I sorta garnered that Chandra was very well grounded from his nature and his mannerisms, but since his friend is posting, I dunno, maybe I just feel somewhat obligated as a decent human being to pass word like, "Hey, listen, congrats on your score, but dont throw your money back into the seedy retarded poker community or do something dumb with baccarat". Kinda dumb on my part, but whatever, I dont have to explain myself to people like lapoker, moreso to Chandra's friend, who shouldnt have had to write back to acknowledge/defend his friend.

anyways wtg chandra! taylor has told me personally when the deals couldnt go through that if he didnt win, he'd want chandra to win. that should speak well for chandra's character, i think.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey dude, what do you think about the brazilian rail? and Leandro?

[/ QUOTE ]

el oh el...i honestly hate live poker b/c of that sort of thing
Old 07-03-2007, 03:05 AM

btw thanks all i will probably never get that deep in a tourney again even an online tourney
Old 07-03-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw thanks all i will probably never get that deep in a tourney again even an online tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

you're typing is not slurred enough for how drunk you should be right now

nice score
Old 07-03-2007, 03:20 AM

we're not drunk, we're high

get it right d00d