Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: KK preflop/flop play...deep stack 25/50 live nyc...

This is a sick flop. I would certainly be shoving any flop without an ace on it. I would check here as you did. I think the only hand that makes sense here for villian is a horribly played AK.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:53 PM

villian has the same hand as you imo. Originally only called preflop on btn to trap, but once it was raised and reraised only called cause he feared AA. On the flop he bets such a small amount after that A because he puts you on QQ. This could explain why he looked confused
Old 07-02-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to say again how much I love your posts dlp.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-02-2007, 09:02 PM

I don't see any reason he can't have AA here, given the way preflop played out. The rest of his range is probably the other KK and maybe QQ. Theres a slight chance he's got JJ or AK or something else, but I doubt it. If his calling range preflop in this spot was wider, i'd recommend a blind-shove before the flop was dealt, but when you're likely not in great shape, i'd prefer to see it first, and likely check.

As for his flop bet, it sure doesnt seem like AA, so i'd probably call and shove a non-Q turn, or something like that.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 AM

I really think Villain has KK or QQ here.

AK - This is a gross underbet for this flop. Would he really play AK this way? He can't be scared of top set here, otherwise why call the preflop raise in the first place?

AA - You said he looked like he had a strong hand after the initial preflop bet, but decided instead to call. He does this a second time after your reraise. Would he really not push AA pre after your reraise? Or is he scared YOU have AA or AK, and waiting to see a "safe" flop?

Definitely a tough hand and sticky position, but, as played (check flop), I think a check raise all-in might be best here?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have KcKx. The BTN just called my 10k extra 4-bet. I have 13k back. Flop comes out Ac10c4x.

I check, as was my plan. The button thinks for a long while, and actually looks confused. He bets 5k.

Your action now? Or do you just open shove this flop and fold out QQ/JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great flop for you. AA becomes less likely, and you can move in and fold his KK.

-eric
Old 07-04-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have KcKx. The BTN just called my 10k extra 4-bet. I have 13k back. Flop comes out Ac10c4x.

I check, as was my plan. The button thinks for a long while, and actually looks confused. He bets 5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great flop for you. AA becomes less likely, and you can move in and fold his KK.

-eric

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this is leveling.

Results?
Old 07-04-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-eric

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this is leveling.

Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't post results anymore unless there is a reason to. I think there is some great advice overall on this thread, this was a tough spot. I can certainly see why flatting pre here with KK would probably be a superior play overall, but I had actually been messing around a bit preflop so I didn't mind the 4-bet here. When he triple cold-called, I was put in an awkward spot, leaving me with less than a 1/2psb left, but I figured checking MOST flops (not all) would be better than betting most flops), and this flop (a104cc) its a lot better to check then to shove.

When he bet the 5k, I decided there was just too much in there (faulty reasoning), so I cr-shoved.

Thanks for some great advice on this thread, much appreciated.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:00 AM

I would have pushed all in preflop, because:

You cannot fold on the flop anyway, commited most likely.

To push all in pre kinda takes away a tough decision, it doesn't matter what happens now.

There is nothing worse than having KK, reraising preflop and getting called and the flop has an ace.

By the way, why don't you post the results of the hand, what's the problem with it? We don't know you in real life, how can it matter? Have you lost the hand or?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:15 AM

Dave,

So do we know what he played that way? That's the reason to post results. People give you their feedback into the play of the hand, and then you tell them what the results were so that they can augment their experiences with yours and thereby build a more accurate hand range for similar opponents next time they're in a similar spot. It's pretty clear that he has played his hand weirdly here, and it's interesting for people to know what cards he had when he did that, if you know.

- TWP
Closed Thread