Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Since Razz is the hot thing now....

Betting 6th felt yucky but necessary. What about the river?

HORSE - Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.90 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (7.90 BB)
Old 07-01-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Since Razz is the hot thing now....

Betting 6th is yucky and not necessary. Unless he was re-raising you w/ (x6)7, you're behind; the 8 couldn't have paired him because he peeled 5th. When he called 5th, he's pretty committed to seeing the river, and him improving with you not does not give him any reason to fold. Check behind is fine as he probably has an unimproved 876 low.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 07-02-2007, 12:23 AM

If he bets into me on the river, is there any way I don't pay it off?

With regards to 6th: In these spots I feel compelled to continue representing a made 7 thinking I have a good amount of fold equity, especially if the 6 happened to pair him. Assuming the 6 did pair him, how good/bad is his call there?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he bets into me on the river, is there any way I don't pay it off?

With regards to 6th: In these spots I feel compelled to continue representing a made 7 thinking I have a good amount of fold equity, especially if the 6 happened to pair him. Assuming the 6 did pair him, how good/bad is his call there?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience there's not that much fold equity there. If he made an 8 he's going to want to show it down. Esp. at 1/2. I would call the river bet but I wouldn't like it. I might fold if I knew he was a good player. It's just too likely his rough hand beats yours; I'd be more inclined to call if he caught an A, for example, it's just that the higher cards are less likely to have paired him.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 AM

ChipsAhoya has this spot on, it is a clear check behind.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 AM

Oh if the 6 did pair him he does have a 50/50 shot of drawing live so he probably has to. This marginal situation was a result of an relatively bad call on 5th st. though. The pot is decent sized on 5th but I'd prob. drop w/out 4 to a 7. He's essentially making the same call on 6th paired, but this time the pot is bigger to compensate.

-ChipsAhoya
Old 07-02-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ChipsAhoya has this spot on, it is a clear check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chips is a smart cookie