Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: wsop cash games

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2-5 game at the Rio is juicy. Usually 2 good players per table and they are easy to spot. 2 guys who think they know how to play but are average at best and the rest is easy pickens.

Stay away from the S&G's, structure sucks ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks--I figured the S&G's wouldn't be the best choice, as I'd be doing the lower ($100-200 range) buy-ins. With 15 minute levels and lower starting chips for those in my range I figured they'd be a crapshoot.

I'm definitely more into cash games and expect to do well. Would like to take a shot as WSOP event ($1500, don't want to buyin full), since I'm there and all....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are a joke. 2 levels and it's an all in fest. Also, you can't even sign up for the buy-in you want you have to get together 9 other guys who want to play for the same price then tell them you got a table and they'll let you. So if you can't convince the other people waiting for a satellite to play your buy-in....tough luck. Just another example of them running the wsop into the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the joke then. 5 of 10 in winning/chopping the single table sats for me. I played between $125-$225 buy-ins.

Like everything else you need a strategy for them. They are not poker, just a strategy game.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How are they, specifically middle limit (6/12-10/20)? Easy to get a seat? East competition?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy to get a seat yes
East competition yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would anyone play these limits at the RIO????? go to the wynn or venetian or something.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
during the WSOP the rio lets you Mississippi straddle (live straddle on the button).

[/ QUOTE ]

In a town where you can get twin six foot blondes and a dwarf riding a Shetland pony delivered to your room they’ll only let you Mississippi Straddle during the WSOP.

What a sick town.

GS
Old 06-28-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
during the WSOP the rio lets you Mississippi straddle (live straddle on the button).

[/ QUOTE ]

In a town where you can get twin six foot blondes and a dwarf riding a Shetland pony delivered to your room they’ll only let you Mississippi Straddle during the WSOP.

What a sick town.

GS

[/ QUOTE ]

PM with details if you know how to arrange this.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM

teddy, its a must to straddle on the button because in a 5-10 game, you are playing with a $20bb when you have the button ("hey, lets increase the blinds when I'm on the button!"). And if you need more incentive (which you shouldnt), you become last to act before the flop (the sb acts first if you Miss straddle).

In sum - increased money on table when you are on button, and value of button is even greater because you're last to act pre-flop. If you are looking for a edge, that's about the best one you'll ever find.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
teddy, its a must to straddle on the button because in a 5-10 game, you are playing with a $20bb when you have the button ("hey, lets increase the blinds when I'm on the button!"). And if you need more incentive (which you shouldnt), you become last to act before the flop (the sb acts first if you Miss straddle).

In sum - increased money on table when you are on button, and value of button is even greater because you're last to act pre-flop. If you are looking for a edge, that's about the best one you'll ever find.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry to bump this 2-day old thread, but I get the above, but the real issue is whether that advantage (which i understand) is enough to off-set the 'forced' additional $20 you have to give up. You're not just saying: "hey, let's raise the blinds when i have the button," but rather it's costing you a $20 post to do so...so the real Q is whether it's worth it...no?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:48 AM

Here is a pretty good article on straddling by Mr. NPA himself.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:39 AM

I personally don't like to straddle in a capped game because it cuts the effective stacks to 50bbs.

I've been making most my money from weak tighties. 2 and 3 barreling them. This can become much more difficult when the pots are huge relative to the stacks on the flop.