Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Low Bankroll, $16, Suggestions?

Ok I started on Pokerstars with $50, i'm only at 120 FPPs (which is taking surprisingly forever). I mainly play SNG's, because honestly I feel scared betting real money, i'm more comfortable with an even playing field. I've won the 3.25 buy-in $42 on MTT 45ppl twice, and other tourneys, but i found myself burnt all the way down. I can win about 1/3 of 1.10 Turbo (10ppl), or Should I go to 5c-10c NL ring games? Or Limit, all though I hate it? And will i still get FPP with such low blinds, if it requires a 40c rake?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Low Bankroll, $16, Suggestions?

I withdrew all my money on Stars but $1.60 when all the USA player bans happened. Started with the .01/.02 limit games building my BR. 57k hands later I've hit $100.00.

Start with .01/.02 limit or nl. Grind out a BR within your limits to get established.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 AM

when u have a bankbroll of $16 it isn't very good to play at 5c/10c tables
i prefer to play 2c/4c fixed limit tables with this br.
or?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or?

[/ QUOTE ]

$16 is not even two buyins so that is a sure way to go broke. Play the lowest ring games at stars.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:57 AM

i would suggest .01/.02 NLHE on Stars. No, you won't get alot of FPP per hour but with only $16 in your account, FPP shouldn't be your first concern. Building your bankroll with at a limit with the lowest risk of ruin should be your goal. Once you get your head above water, then worry about FPP.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:41 PM

I had $5 on my account...3 times...twice I grinded it up to $200 or so playing mainly $3.25 6 mans (those are so easy...even though it is above your roll, those are completely winnable). Surprise, I had a massive tilt fest, and found myself with $4...played a $1 45 man, and won that. Got back playing the $3 6 man's, and boosted myself to get comfortable and now find myself at $530. You say your scared betting real money...that can't happen. Do not think of it as money and your results will improve...the low limit 3 man or micro buyin 45 mans should help if you can't overcome that at ring...
Old 07-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Not quite 3 years ago now I started playing .02/.04 limit hold'em with a $20 deposit on Pacific. In the time since, I've not only built up my bankroll but also made enough money to take a 2 week vacation in Germany, take my parents to a Broadway show, buy a new computer and monitor, put a $5k down payment on an suv, and make my rent/car payments for over a year, among other things. I stopped playing on Pacific long ago, but as far as FPP stuff goes I've scored a magazine subscription, 6 t-shirts, 4 baseball caps, one very nice jacket from Empire, an ipod, a sweet party poker chip set, 6 poker books, and most recently a digital camera, plus a few cash tokens & tournament tokens along the way. Oh, and Empire used to throw in a couple pieces of chewing gum with every shipment, so the gum too.

It takes time, it takes patience, and it takes dedication. But it's very possible. Stick with the nanolimits & grind it out until you've rebuilt.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:57 PM

Read SSHE, play the lowest fixed limit game available, don't even think about bluffing. Then profit.

It will be boring, especially as its not your preferred game to play - but pretty soon you will have a healthier bankroll.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so the gum too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, that's great.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or?

[/ QUOTE ]

$16 is not even two buyins so that is a sure way to go broke. Play the lowest ring games at stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, at 2c/4c limit, $16 = 400 big bets. That's more than an adequate bankroll.