Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Borgata LL stud theory...

Most people assume that Borgata doesn't spread a LL sutd game in their new room because of lack of demand from the players. Everybody wants to play the game on TV, right ? Well if that's the case, why does Taj, Harrah's, & Bally's have multiple tables of 1/5 stud every day ? Trop has their 3/6 game now, and both Taj & Trop have 5/10 going every day. Taj gets 10/20 & 20/40 every day as well.

My theory is that Borgata management made a conscious decision that when they moved to the new room they would no longer spread $1/5, 5/10, & 10/20 stud. Why ? Because they don't want their new room to attract the typical AC "stud player", meaning OLD. They desperately want the under-40 crowd, and that means LOTS of 1/2 & 2/5 NLHE. I can agree with them in theory, but....You can't tell me that people under the age of 55 that go to Borgata wouldn't play a 1/5, 2/4, 3/6, or 5/10 stud game ? They have 85 tables ! It wouldn't kill them to have at least 2 or 3 LL stud games.

How many think that if Borgata had a $2/10 spread stud game it would not only go every day (maybe 2+ tables), but be a good game ?
Old 07-01-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Borgata LL stud theory...

They are not making an EFFORT to spread the game. But if they get a list, then they will spread any limit. The only reason they spread ANY stud is because tehy gave out free rooms and comps to get the 75/150 and higher stud players to come over from the Taj. Also, it is mostly older players that play stud, who like to play in the old places they have always played. To get them to come to Borg, they would have to be offered some incentives, which it doesn't care to do since with 85 tables they still are running at capacity on the weekends.

Carlos
Old 07-01-2007, 09:55 PM

You're lucky if you can find a low limit HE game at the Borg these days. Last time I was there they had ZERO 3/6 tables and 1 2/4 game. They had over a dozen 1/2 NL tables and plenty 2/5 NL as well.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They are not making an EFFORT to spread the game. But if they get a list, then they will spread any limit. The only reason they spread ANY stud is because tehy gave out free rooms and comps to get the 75/150 and higher stud players to come over from the Taj. Also, it is mostly older players that play stud, who like to play in the old places they have always played. To get them to come to Borg, they would have to be offered some incentives, which it doesn't care to do since with 85 tables they still are running at capacity on the weekends.

Carlos

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much my thoughts on this. last summer i actually did play in a few 10/20 stud games at the borgata and every once in a great while i do see a 1-5 stud game at the brogata, not in a while though.

At the taj its mostly the same players all the time at the 10/20 and 20/40 game, they all know each others names and they are on the older side. They are comfortable where they play and they jsut continue to go there.

The borgata would have to offer them some reason to make the change, and as was stated, the borgata room is pretty damn full on weekends so its not a high priority for them to get them over there.