Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 AM

Default 10NL - KK - I take another odd line

first of all, I noticed looking back at this that I think my 3bet size is too small..do you guys agree? (I think it may have been in the last hand I posted as well..the QQ hand)

this is a few hands after the QQ hand I just posted..BB is the same villain..for info, he folded to my c/r in that other hand.

in the past few hands, he has shown himself to be pretty wild..he's raised the past 3 hands in a row or so and called a 3 bet from me the hand before this and folded the flop...so he may be getting annoyed at me

should I definitely be betting this turn since there are still draws?...

I figured that checking would do 2 things that would be good for me against this pretty crazy opponent

1) if he has a Q, I can get off cheap
2) even if he has a draw, he has shown that he will take shots when I look weak after my 3bets...so it may induce a bluff on the river

so the diamond on the river isn't the best card...but I did check the turn to induce a bluff...should I be backing out and folding since the diamond hit?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $12.60
BB: $20.85
UTG: $10.00
Hero (BTN): $15.20

UTG posts $0.10
Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.90</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.80, UTG calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, BB calls $2.00, UTG folds

Turn: ($6.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Pot Size: $14.75 ($1 Rake)
Old 07-02-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: 10NL - KK - I take another odd line

I think your check on the turn is no good play here.. Lets analyze, he would bet out if he has a Q, or he would reraise your bet. So i don't think he has a Q here. By checking the turn however, you let him draw to a flush for free. That is where i put him on given his postflop actions. So i prolly don't think is most situations you can call this river bet.

Edit: Your preflop reraise is good in my eyes.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: 10NL - KK - I take another odd line

raise more pre. turn check is fine given that you prob are in a wa/wb situation. after checking the turn you obv have to call the river.