Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 03:44 AM

Default Playing/laying down AA and or KK post flop.

TOooo many times i have been phucked in the ass by 2 pair or a set on flop, yet at the same time i have won alot with overly aggresive top pair players or small over pair. Example:Raise 5 x bb pre flop get 1 caller. flop is q75, i bet pot, now my question is what do i do if i get raised? what do i do if he just calls then raises me on turn? in other words what are usually good signs of 2 pair or a set? what are some key tells between overly aggresive top pair and a set? What are things i should look for in laying AA or KK down post flop at nl50? thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Playing/laying down AA and or KK post flop.

High pockets play best HU, so pre-flop, raise as much as you think it will take to make it a HU pot.

Once the flop comes, assuming its not something super ugly like 10,J,Q suited, I recommend throwing out a big c-bet of around 90-100% the size of the pot (unless you hit a set on a dry board, in which case you should be thinking about extraction).

If you follow these steps, the only meaningful move villain will be able to make is to shove, and if that happens you can evaluate where you are at and whether to call based on how you're ranging him. In the meantime, you will be punishing those who call your 3-bets light for nice 40bb pots quite regularly.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 AM

It is a very general question and it really depends on the opponant more then anything. Some opponants I would insta call an all in while with others I would insta fold. What matters is the range your put opponant on what is the best play against that range, once you do that life becomes easier.

As for general rules, I find people play very fast with 2 pair while slowly with sets, people also like to be aggressive with overpairs to the board so tens on 8 high board for example because they are scared of overcard hitting turn but the most important part is range range range!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:19 AM

Hahaha, I'm pretty sure I see you all the time on FT.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:21 AM

Seriously read as many of the hands posted on here as you can. I would say a third of the threads posted here are overpair situations. It's dependent on so many variables such as stack sizes, board texture, preflop action, villain tendencies, image etc that I can't just give you cliff notes on when to fold OPs. Be sure to read beluga theorem, along with the other threads in the sticky. The more you play/read, the more comfortable you'll be playing your overpairs.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 AM

I have alot of hands against you and you need to raise preflop with more than just AA/KK/QQ. anytime you raise a thinking player just sees implied odds with their 97o.