Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 08:53 PM

Default OT cash game spew

hey just wondering if anyone else has this problem. i am a solid SNG player and play a good early TAG latwe LAG i have a ROI of 15% but when i ocasionally play cash games i normally just tilt off my buy in i get way too aggressive and try and outplay everyone all to some huge variance. as soon as i play SNG i play a good game. n e one else like this
???
Old 07-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: OT cash game spew

yeah i was....cash game aint sng....late in sng=LAG cause the blinds get bigger,blinds dont get bigger in cash...
LAG gets kill eventually ,seem ure the only one playing loose vs good hands when u play vs them(since they stick to being tight,the no increments blinds permits that)...
i think...
Old 07-01-2007, 09:17 PM

beginners forum
Old 07-01-2007, 09:18 PM

rudd4y, Im 95% sure you are talking about NL SNGs and cash...you do realise you posted this in Micro-Stakes LIMIT. Im shipping this to Beginners even though thats not the only possible location. goodluck.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:10 AM

You have to realize that in cash games your stack represents a fixed $$ amount and that doesn't change. I.e. the chips don't lose value as they do in tournaments.
So NL cash has a completely different flow than tournaments because you have all the time in the world because the blinds don't increase. You don't have to beat everyone at the table to win. You often just need to beat one opponent, to be specific.
SNG players often think that they need to get a big stack as quickly as possible and take every chip on the table. Then they are usually trapped by the more patient and experienced cash game player...
So: slow it down.