Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 AM

Default TAG check-raises, but I got a little something

Villain seems very solid thus far. 20/15/2 through a few hundred hands. We're on a few tables together and he likely views me on the loose side of TAG. We've tangled a few times but no real interesting hands.

I thought about checking the flop. Does anyone else like that? I think 3-betting the flop is the worst play ever as his range here is likely polarized to big hands and bluffs. Anyone bet the turn? As played, do you bet the river if checked too again?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($498.95)
MP ($188)
Hero ($643.40)
SB ($236.75)
BB ($374.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $45</font>, Hero calls $31.

Turn: ($108) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($108) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 07-02-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: TAG check-raises, but I got a little something

I think it is pretty awful to hang onto on the flop if ur not planning on bluffing a scary turn.

fold flop or bet $70 here
Old 07-02-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is pretty awful to hang onto on the flop if ur not planning on bluffing a scary turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of his range would you suggest he folds on the turn?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:21 AM

I agree with pokerchap, what did you put the SB on post flop. Unless he had two pair or trips he is most likely to fold to a larger raise on the turn.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 AM

first post hehe

I think he basically folds out everything on the turn, except a set and he will occ. fold a set from my experience.

if you dont feel like you have room to bluff a turn what was your plan when you called this on the flop?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first post hehe

I think he basically folds out everything on the turn, except a set and he will occ. fold a set from my experience.

if you dont feel like you have room to bluff a turn what was your plan when you called this on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I think betting the turn is a fine play. However, you said you think he folds out "everything" except... Most players are rarely folding any hand that they c/r for value on the flop.

I think betting the turn would be much better with air.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:41 AM

I mean you gotta bet the river now if he checks. He's just as worried about the flush hitting as the straight.

I think checking behind the turn here is good since your draw is so strong. Betting is okay, but with no knowledge of his c/r habits I'd probably check.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 AM

morning bump
Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 AM

this is an interesting spot. its a safe spot to bet the turn in some sense cause you get a definitive answer against his range...but unless he was cring with air or 77 its hard to believe that he's going to fold anything else in his cr range...i prob check this turn and i think i have 9 outs versus his TT...on river i think i fire here even though it looks fishy assuming my image isnt too bad