FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group Three: 2 vs 7
American Splendor 54 56.25%
Constantine 42 43.75%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: $2000NL - BvB Battle

[ QUOTE ]
I make it like 6k with the intent of calling a shove. Weeeeeeeee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this play. Whats the point of not just going allin preflop? We want him to fold every hand. We don't want to race against anything unless it includes a duece, as winning the money in the pot is probably worth more than racing against nearly any 2 cards that don't include a deuce.

If your idea is that raising to 6k will actually have more FE than simply moving allin, I guess I don't buy it.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off I would never fold PF in a billion years. Anyway reraising or calling are both fine IMO. A lot of guys don't raise so much from the SB in these spots, out of position. If it was headsup and SB acted last after the flop, you should likely just move allin PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Isn't it HU and we have position post flop? I call and find the best place to take the pot away after seeing 3 cards . . .
Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First off I would never fold PF in a billion years. Anyway reraising or calling are both fine IMO. A lot of guys don't raise so much from the SB in these spots, out of position. If it was headsup and SB acted last after the flop, you should likely just move allin PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Isn't it HU and we have position post flop? I call and find the best place to take the pot away after seeing 3 cards . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we do have position, this is what I said. What I was saying was that if we don't have position we should probably move allin preflop, which is the case when you are headsup in an MTT, or more commonly some kind of STT/Shootout format.