Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Default 10NL 4 Questionable Hands

2+2ers,

After my first session after reviewing the LLIG Video #1 I just wanted to post a few hands that I was questionable on and see how others would have played it. These may be ABC for most of you, but I'm trying to learn and while I know the way I would have played them in a SNG situation I am questionable about my play in the cash games. I will probably have many posts like this in the future so if you don't want to read them just give them a pass and I'll hope for a response from those who have time and are willing to help. Thanks in advance.

Hand #1
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1222944

Is this a situation like I saw in video #1 where I need to repop him a little less than a pot sized bet or is making the fold and putting him on some sort of a hand that he limped in with a 10 a better way to play it. After reviewing and seeing the lay down I feel I was playing a little nitty and prolly should have repoped him a little less than a pot bet and if called then i know hes on a 10 or better and i'm done with the hand from there.

Hand #2
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1222950

Close to the same situation, but I have even better of it. Do I repop a little less than pot here to see where I'm at? It may have to do with how the player is playing, but assume we don't know much about this player as I had very few hands on him at the time. I feel like I'm playing these situations pretty nitty and giving the player to much credit, but tell me what you think.

Hand #3
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1222957

Is this pretty standard and going to get paid off for this guy in alot of situations or do you see yourself getting away from this anywhere? After reviewing the preflop chart i realize i may have just called preflop and possibly kept the pot smaller losing a little less but with the min raise on the flop I'm not sure I can get away and I was getting a pretty good price on the turn and river as well.

Hand #4
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1222964

Getting a little less than 4-1 on the river here should I be making this call and assuming that i have enough implied odds on the river to make it profitable or am i making a good fold here not getting the odds i need to make the call (around 4.75-1).

Thanks for any responses in advance and I look forward to looking over some your hands and commenting on them as well as contributing more myself and hearing your insight.

JeReMiaH
Old 07-01-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: 10NL 4 Questionable Hands

bump
Old 07-01-2007, 01:19 AM

hand 1: I play same. Without read I'm happy to fold to this action. Smells like T or set.

hand 2: I repop.

hand 3: After opponent goes into milk mode you're not folding

hand 4: I hate this steal- not the board! People often call PSBs with an 8 at these stakes and FD will come along too! Fold turn.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:40 AM

Thanks for the advice Corin. Anyone else?
Old 07-01-2007, 04:34 AM

First, your post is difficult to read. I think it's better to post one hand per post, without links.

Hands 1&2 are too weak/tight, hand 1 does not smell like T or a set his range is much bigger than this. Hand 3 you kept your loses to a minimum. Hand 4 if you can call .9 on the flop you can certainly call 1 on the turn when your odds are better, you have good implied odds as villian definitely likes his hand.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:27 AM

what video are you talking about? the links arenīt working here b/c my w lan internets are too slow
Old 07-01-2007, 05:52 PM

AJ,

Thanks for the analysis. After alot of different opinions on hands 1 & 2 the concensus seems to be that I should repop from there and see where I'm at after the repop. If he comes over the top I'm probably beat or it would appear and if he calls or folds I can either play it from the turn or I'll take the pot down on the flop. Hand 3 opinions seem to differentiate in between the possiblity of me puttin in a raise on the turn and the fact that I realized I could possibly be beat and held the pot to a small loss. I feel I played it ok given the outcome, but could have gone other routes. As far as Hand 4 goes the reponse I've gotten is that while it would be 4.75 and I'm getting somehwere around 3 or 4 to 1 as you said on the turn if I did hit my out it would be pretty obvious and I wouldn't have much implied odds so its about 75/25 on the responses that the fold was good to your opinion on the call being worth a look. I'm not sure which is correct really given that its a small sample of opinions thus far, but I can see both views. Overall thanks for your advice and I look forward to talking hands with you again soon.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Monkover,

The video I speak of is a relatively new section of Cardrunners called the Low Limit Instructional Guide. A guest pro (Brystmar) put together a very nice series of 6 videos giving us who are new to the cash game something to study and get us started on the right track. Thus far I've found it very enjoyable and educational and would encourage you to give it a look if you have the funds for a membership. There is also a lot of other good stuff their on cash games and tournament poker to make it a good value. Either way see you at the tables.

xJeReMiaHx