Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 PM

Default My router keeps playing up!

Hi.

This is really wierd. I've had it for awhile now. I have a btvoyager router in my bedroom, and i usually have the laptop downstairs in the living room.

The internet will be working fine. I will be playing on Pokerstars, Full Tilt, chatting on Msn, then all of a sudden the internet will go down for like 10 mintues. Then after 10 mintues, it is back on again. The strange thing is though is that not all of the internet will go down. Mainly it will be Pokerstars, Full Tilt and Msn that will go down all together, and i'm unable to connect to them. It's really strange because i can browse the web, go on google, go on other forums etc...but i can't get on Pokerstars, Full Tilt or Msn. It's just these three programs that i have trouble with. Then after 10 mintues (sometimes it might be 30 mintues, other times 5-6 hours, or the worst case scenario is a couple of days).

But what the hell is it doing because i can browse the web, and the internet is actually working. I run Norton constantly, and i've had a look, and there are no issues with Norton. Even if i turn norton off i'm still unable to connect to these three progams.

It really pisses me off. A couple of days ago i made a final table on pokerstars, the internet was running smoothly, and had been running smoothly for the past couple of days, and it was about midnight, and BOOM! pokerstars lost connection. (actually all of the internet lost connection), and i was sat out for about 20 mintues, which just pissed me off.

I just wonder if it's my computer, my router? am i too far away from the router? i dunno? But don't you think it's a bit wierd that when this happens, i'm unable to connect to pokerstars, full tilt or msn?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: My router keeps playing up!

Anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: My router keeps playing up!

I have no idea but here's what I'd do. I would first call your ISP, they will check and tell you everythings fine. I would probably trying buying a new router and see if thats better. Somedays I have trouble staying connected to Stars, if I power cycle my router and modem before I start playing its usually fine.