Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Small pot, good draw

I'm leaning towards a call. The raise is for a free card but HU we have to bet because we are shutting the other guy out, so not so free card anymore. OP says the bettor is solid so he probably has something.
Call is more value with the guy behind us.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:19 PM

*grunch* Raise. Make it expensive for UTG+2 to stay in; if he folds and SB calls, you are very likely to get a free card on the turn. If he calls, your raise is for value.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If memory servers correctly, ssh recommends to pump up the pot with a flush draw on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

With my 12 outs I "own" 25% of the pot. I have to contribute 33% of all the money going in from the flop and onwards so I loose 8% of each bet I put there. So, in this situation it's not correct to pump the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

12 outs is more like 45%. Don't forget you are going to the river no matter what you get to count your equity for both streets.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:11 PM

what if today we only have the flush draw, without the gut shot.
do ppl still raise?
Old 06-30-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what if today we only have the flush draw, without the gut shot.
do ppl still raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not raising in this hand WITH the gutshot.

But in general if you believe you have more equity in the hand than the % of the money you need to put in you should raise as long as you don't believe that doing so is going to knock out a lot of players.

For example:

You have Axs and the flop comes two of your suit. The betting goes bet, call, call, call. You should probably raise because you are going to make a winning hand by the river more than 20% of the time (plus you might decide to take a free card on the turn).

Same situation as before but the action goes bet, call, call, raise. You still may wish to raise for the same reasons as before but if you think that your 3bet will knock a couple of the other guys out it might be best to just call.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:00 PM

I like a call here. Small pot with no overcards to protect. You would really like UGT+2 to call, so dont shut him out with a raise. Raise here would not get value u need for this good draw, so a raise would be a semi-bluff at best that probably is not going to work.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise and pump up the pot so you can make your pot odds call if you wif on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
you cant make your own pot odds. This is like saying that you should raise pf with 75s so that if u flop a gutshot in a multiway pot you will have pot odds to continue. In this small pot, a raise is not for value. you are about a 3-1 dog on here and on the turn. Raising shuts out the reamaining player, who, if loose passive as stated will call. you want to keep him in for value. 12 outs is a great draw, but dont overestimate its value in a tiny pot. A raise here is a semibluff at best that is unlikely to work.