Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Why is stuff removed after 3 months?

2+2 has enough power within the poker community to force anyone who writes something for the magazine to allow their articles to be stored here forever. I'm not saying exclusive rights...I'm just saying that you should force contributors to accept that any content posted in the magazine, while not becoming property of 2+2, should automatically grant the website the right to store it forever.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Why is stuff removed after 3 months?

[ QUOTE ]
2+2 has enough power within the poker community to force anyone who writes something for the magazine to allow their articles to be stored here forever. I'm not saying exclusive rights...I'm just saying that you should force contributors to accept that any content posted in the magazine, while not becoming property of 2+2, should automatically grant the website the right to store it forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we have that power. But since we are a book publishing company as opposed to a magazine, it was our decision to protect and not to abuse our writers. This way if they want to use their articles to form the core of a book, they won't already be posted for free on our website which could easily ruin their chances of getting their book published. So we decided to only put the articles up for three months and then to return all rights to the authors.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 07-01-2007, 01:10 PM

I write sports betting articles for the magazine, so technically I'm not part of the poker community in this case. But I'll give my two cents anyway.

The attraction of the magazine to me as a writer was the fact I get the copyrights back after three months. If it wasn't for that, I don't think I would have submitted any articles. I don't know how other writers feel, but I would guess some of them feel the same way.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:03 PM

As a regular contributor to the magazine, I appreciate being treated well by Mason et al. It's not that I'm trying to limit the availability of my work, in fact my older articles are still available for free on my website, but I like that I retain the rights to them and have the option of taking them down at some point or doing whatever else I want. A lot of people would probably want to be paid substantially more money for their work if it weren't for this policy.